FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Whats behind door number two? Lock identification.

<<

Mrfoto

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:51 am

Whats behind door number two? Lock identification.

Can anyone help me with what's the most likely lock hiding behind door number two? I'm thinking about getting involved in opening it up but wanted to know more before I commit several hours of my life. :safedial: I have requested better dial pictures/info but for now this is all I have. Any help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:03 pm

Re: Whats behind door number two? Lock identification.

It is probably a handle loaded fence lever lock. There should be Pittsburg Safe Co on the dial ring and S&G stuff with patent date of 1906 on the knob. The lever is pushed in this type of lock into the wheels by the movement of the bolt work with the handle. It is not exactly a direct entry fence, because there are two parts. The drive cam and wheels are shaped like in a normal lock from S&G. With more or less constant torque on the handle it is probably possible to manipulate it as a direct entry fence lock with how much the handle turns and like a normal lock with the contact points. My guess is, that it is easier via contact points. It would be a fun project without doubt.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Mrfoto

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:28 pm

Anyone have a picture of this type of mechanism? Im trying to figure out contact points vs direct fence, DF is way faster to manipulate IMO. Seeing this would help me a bunch.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:09 am

Can't find a photo, so I can only provide a drawing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

Mrfoto

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:46 am

That clarifies it fir me thanks. Just to be absolutely clear the fence only moves via the handle? (Reverse aping loaded) And are there false gates like a Stack On or Sentry?
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:10 am

Fence only moves via handle and no false gates.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks