FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My first manipulation was successful !

<<

Toolndie7

Post Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:20 am

My first manipulation was successful !

Received a Meilink 3115 safe from the early 80's with no combo. Appeared to be an S&G lock but I have no idea what I'm looking at. After much reading I decided to venture into this. Started off AWL and found W3 fairly easily and confirmed it. parked that and ran 1&2 AR and thought for sure I found a gate on W2 but it would come and go like a ghost and I couldn't confirm W1 or W2... After reading more here I ended up parking W1 at a low spot I found and W3 at my suspected gate. Then ran W2 AR very carefully and saw a solid gate that was wishy washy on other graphs! Now I KNOW its on W2! ran my numbers w no luck and found the first number was off a little due to opposite rotation. Now to disassemble and clean this thing.

Just want to say thank you to all the gentlemen that have posted their experiences here which was a huge help in learning as I go.

Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

prevariikation

Post Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:26 pm

Re: My first manipulation was successful !

Congrats!! Excellent work! What a beautiful safecracking setup and safe you've got there :safedial:
<<

Toolndie7

Post Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:25 pm

prevariikation wrote:Congrats!! Excellent work! What a beautiful safecracking setup and safe you've got there :safedial:

Thank you! I quickly realized the finer the discrimination, the more accurate the graph. The safe was free if I could open it.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:51 pm

I am happy you got a free safe and had fun with it. The pointer ring is very useful. It makes also the dialing faster.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:30 am

That's a very nice setup, simple and effective!
I don't know how it feels to dial with a ring added to the dial. Maybe one day I'll try.

Congrats on the opening :)
<<

Toolndie7

Post Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:02 am

Thank you Gentlemen.
I think I am going to gather all the necessary pieces to make a training unit so I can continue learning.

femurat wrote:That's a very nice setup, simple and effective!
I don't know how it feels to dial with a ring added to the dial. Maybe one day I'll try.

Congrats on the opening :)

Ive got so many turns on that ring that when I finally opened it and took the ring off it felt so strange to dial the combo the proper way! I may improve it and knurl the outside but I kind of like it smooth.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks