FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Unknown lock

<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Unknown lock

I need to go open a safe soon. The customer has send us a picture of the safe and dial. But I have never seen this model before. Does anyone have any idea what brand or model ?
It has a blank area in the numbers, and the change index is on opposite side of normal.
The safe also has a key lock, with a Kromer key. So this may be a Kromer too. But none of my documentation shows this model.
They have the key, but they don't have the combination. For the last 10 years, they only ever used the key to lock the safe. Now someone has turned the dial, and the only person who knew the code has passed away.
There is a good chance that the safe is still on the factory code.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:58 pm

Re: Unknown lock

Typical story. From what I found it is a Kromer lock. The dial is just missing the center piece with the K. It could be a normal big one or one of the smaller ones. The star index is the opening index and the circle the change index. (So it should be a left handed lock.) For this setup I found only small locks from the 1940s or 1950s (with such an old dial). Their size is about the normal lock format. They are not manipulation protected, so you should be able to manipulate them.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Unknown lock

Thanks.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks