FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Herring-Hall-Marvin Safe with HHM dial

<<

JonnyPhenomenon

Post Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:24 pm

Re: Herring-Hall-Marvin Safe with HHM dial

MartinHewitt wrote:Thanks for showing us the detailed photos of your lock!

My pleasure. it's the least I could do after all the help you folks gave me.

I made a little base for it today out of some half inch plexy I had kicking around. - I had made one for my S&G 6741 the other day and I thought this lock deserved the same. It came out pretty good I think. I also cut a little "viewing hole" in the back of the lock body cover plate. - I am not as happy about that, so I will probably clean that up a little more tomorrow.

I uploaded some more pics of that to my album. https://photos.app.goo.gl/dgA8rCiHUqYefxvB9
<<

JonnyPhenomenon

Post Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:25 am

Re: Herring-Hall-Marvin Safe with HHM dial

edocdab wrote:I don't know about the priceless historical value of the lock as I know very little about the topic, but I mounted my lock on a thicker piece of wood so I don't have to damage anything. To see it in action I remove the back cover. I guess you can also cover the back with some plexi.

Nice that you were able to recover this lock!

Great idea Edocdab! Why didn't I think of using Plexi on the back of it before I cut a big hole in the brass cover. I have plenty of the stuff kicking around. Oops!
ah well. its a nice conversation piece for my class. It will get a lot more use now that it is here than it ever would on the safe.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks