FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Any information on older safe locks

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:09 pm

Re: Any information on older safe locks

I wonder what's the use of this self-defence device on the bolt.

Your Mosler is probably a No. 6something (something depending on how it is mounted) with a 3-wheel curb.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

AL usher69

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:27 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:I wonder what's the use of this self-defence device on the bolt.

Your Mosler is probably a No. 6something (something depending on how it is mounted) with a 3-wheel curb.

3 wheel curb meaning ? I haven't found much on these locks. I really like the safe deposit door i paid 150.00 for the door the 4 locks. i thought that was good. The guy goes around and salvages old banks and other businesses. I walk in his place and he has stacks of safe deposit boxes with S&G combination locks instead of the key
<<

AZ-Steve

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:33 pm

Beautiful locks indeed!

I cannot help you with any information on them, but I am glad you posted the pictures. I only Wish there was anyplace around here you could walk into and find treasures like that... and the pricing is VERY good to boot.

Good find !

Steve
<<

AL usher69

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:30 am

AZ-Steve wrote:Beautiful locks indeed!

I cannot help you with any information on them, but I am glad you posted the pictures. I only Wish there was anyplace around here you could walk into and find treasures like that... and the pricing is VERY good to boot.

Good find !

Steve

Check out salvage companies. When i walked in his place, it was like looking at jewelers place but much better good luck..
<<

AL usher69

Post Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:35 pm

I just purchase 3 more locks a mosler cd 120 another mosler with no markings and a yale OC5 to my surprise when I got the back off . I had taking pics. But they all got messed up. I will take new one and get them right out.
<<

AL usher69

Post Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:38 pm

yale OC5 after the stamp OC5 there is a 1 under it im hoping it could be the 1st edition just a thought. No laughing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AL usher69 on Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

AL usher69

Post Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:44 pm

Mosler CD120
2 pics are bad ill have to take them again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

AL usher69

Post Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:27 am

I installed the yale on a stand. Now I started to find the contact point. It seem like there wasn't one, so I push in the bolt just enough and I found the right contact point at 2 and 3. I have to go back to work but just doing awr I'm thinking I got a gate at 25 I'm using contact point journal. It was so obvious a gate and not a low point. I'm excited again and will try to finish today so i can load the information.
On another note the mosler b6 or 6b I had found a gate on the last number and it was a "8" I thought that was a no zone thing. Ill be back have a nice day
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:41 am

The CPs in friction fence locks can be extremely faint at the beginning. A mike can help.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

AL usher69

Post Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:29 pm

I searched for this problem and could not find it here.. they show how to change the combo they don't show you how to get the wheels back to working properly. The S&G lock thats not in the door. The wheels are all screwed up. It probably happened when I tried to change the combo with the right key. When I turn the dial one way they they line up at the gates. When I have the back off I can turn the dial and the wheels dont spin if I'm holding it. Even if you point me in the right direction for information thanks
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:50 pm

The first lock? The nut with the change key hole has a notch and the wheel there too. How are they aligned? Like in your first photo here?
<<

AL usher69

Post Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:37 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:The first lock? The nut with the change key hole has a notch and the wheel there too. How are they aligned? Like in your first photo here?

I aligned the marks on all of them. There's the mark on the wheel aligned with the key change hole.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:29 pm

And there is no solid connection between inner and outer ring?
<<

AL usher69

Post Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:22 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:And there is no solid connection between inner and outer ring?

Yes there is if I start turning right after about 3or4 turns the gates line up. I then get about 42 turn the dial left and it opens not what I wanted
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:52 am

I think I don't understand your description of what's happening.
PreviousNext

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks