FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Help S&G 8077

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:14 pm

Re: Help S&G 8077

I can get the change key in +/- 1. For opening it is more like +/- 0.75.

Or perhaps you do not pull strong enough?
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:50 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:I can get the change key in +/- 1. For opening it is more like +/- 0.75.

Or perhaps you do not pull strong enough?

I have no problem pulling up on the shackle. No matter what number I change it too it will not open, it does change the number but it wont open …..
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Hm. Looking forward to your video.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

L4R3L2

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:11 pm

AL usher69 wrote:
MartinHewitt wrote:Under the change index the wheels line up at the change key hole. Under the opening index the wheels line up at the fence.

This is what I do I put the combo at the change index then I put key in I turn it. Then (1) I'll put a new number in 4L3R2L0 I'll then turn the key back.(2) I'll then turn key back to change combo but I'll put the same number in. Then turn key back pull it out then try the combo it won't open. It has to be something simple I'm overlooking..

1) Why are you entering the new combination twice?

2) You do not turn back to "0" when entering the new combination.

3) Have you ever had the shackle open at any point since you got the lock?
<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:56 pm

L4R3L2 wrote:
AL usher69 wrote:
MartinHewitt wrote:Under the change index the wheels line up at the change key hole. Under the opening index the wheels line up at the fence.

This is what I do I put the combo at the change index then I put key in I turn it. Then (1) I'll put a new number in 4L3R2L0 I'll then turn the key back.(2) I'll then turn key back to change combo but I'll put the same number in. Then turn key back pull it out then try the combo it won't open. It has to be something simple I'm overlooking..

1) Why are you entering the new combination twice?

2) You do not turn back to "0" when entering the new combination.

3) Have you ever had the shackle open at any point since you got the lock?

When I first got it L25R0 it open I did put the 0 in the new number I'll try it in am without the 0. I hope that's it and thank you
<<

AL usher69

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:06 am

I just tried it and no wtf if the numbers change then the wheels should be working. Like I said before I can change the numbers the lock just won't open.
<<

L4R3L2

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:20 am

On some of these locks, you have to get really aggressive yanking on the shackle. I mean super aggressive. Maybe it needs a small squirt of Triflow down into the shackle to free up the butterfly some.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:50 am

There is a video from Squelchtone here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drw5fngZzfI

Maybe that helps you.
<<

AL usher69

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:39 am

L4R3L2 wrote:On some of these locks, you have to get really aggressive yanking on the shackle. I mean super aggressive. Maybe it needs a small squirt of Triflow down into the shackle to free up the butterfly some.

I've had it open when I first got it. I'm wondering if one of the wheels isn't unlocking would I be able to change the combo. I have seen videos over and over again. Someone might of had a similar situation
<<

AL usher69

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:40 am

MartinHewitt wrote:There is a video from Squelchtone here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drw5fngZzfI

Maybe that helps you.

I've seen it I do everything and still nothing plus I yank the hell out of it
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:39 am

In case one wheel's clutch is set wrongly, then you should not be able to set the combination, because it grips, when all others don't.

In case one wheel's clutch is borken, then its number can shift and you should get problems opening the lock, but also problems getting the change key in.
<<

AL usher69

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:20 am

MartinHewitt wrote:In case one wheel's clutch is set wrongly, then you should not be able to set the combination, because it grips, when all others don't.

In case one wheel's clutch is borken, then its number can shift and you should get problems opening the lock, but also problems getting the change key in.

Thanks at least that is not the problem. I might go to the emergency room they have them ear Scopes and I should be able to get a good look.
<<

AL usher69

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:27 am

MartinHewitt wrote:In case one wheel's clutch is set wrongly, then you should not be able to set the combination, because it grips, when all others don't.

Thanks I was wondering if one was not unlocking. But with it changing numbers with no problem I also doubted it. Did you ever take one apart if so can it be put back together
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:32 am

If you bend open the steel cover the interior can be remove rather easily. But this part is pinned together. So you have to find the pins and drill them out. Not an easy task.
<<

AL usher69

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:45 am

MartinHewitt wrote:If you bend open the steel cover the interior can be remove rather easily. But this part is pinned together. So you have to find the pins and drill them out. Not an easy task.

Yes I agree plus now that I'm looking at it that would destroy the cover..
PreviousNext

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks