FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Help S&G 8077

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:50 pm

Re: Help S&G 8077

Maybe one of the discs is at the gate. Look inside if all wheels are there with this square hole. If not, then try to add 25 to the number of this wheel.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

mk5734

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Please forgive this response since it's not helpful for finding a solution.

Having said that, my suggestion to anyone who is changing the combination on the 8077 or 8088, should be to film himself doing it so that he can go back later and review should it not be successful. He should read each instruction out loud on video before doing each step. Only then will you truly know where your mistake was and not be left questioning what happened. I ordered a couple of these from eBay and this is exactly what I'm going to do when they arrive.

Other than that, I truly hope you figure out the combination.
<<

AL usher69

Post Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:59 pm

I added 4 numbers to each one and the change key went right in and I turned it. But for some reason it's not opening it's the last number 0 I guess cause it will not open. I put 3 numbers and then 0 at the end. Nothing at least the key fits and turns 4L3R2L0
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:40 pm

Still the correct indices? You could try to set the lock to a single number combination. 4L,0
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:57 pm

Keep in mind that if the change key fits all the way in, then the shackle will not open. The change key is lined up differently than the gates. That is why the opening index and change indexes are located at different places.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:21 am

GWiens2001 wrote:Keep in mind that if the change key fits all the way in, then the shackle will not open. The change key is lined up differently than the gates. That is why the opening index and change indexes are located at different places.

Gordon

I understand this after I'm done putting new combo in I turn the key back. I then turn the key to change it and put the same number in turn the key back and it just doesn't work so I'll look inside again to make sure there lined up right. I thought when the key went in and turned so easy it would work
<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:29 am

I just change the combo 10-20-30-0 LRLR i tried it and nothing the wheels line up at the change combo slot so if it's keeping the new combo it's just not working at the opening index and it's not opening at all. I've googled it but nothing this forum to me is better then Google when it comes to anything to do with locks etc etc etc
<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:42 am

MartinHewitt wrote:Maybe one of the discs is at the gate. Look inside if all wheels are there with this square hole. If not, then try to add 25 to the number of this wheel.

If one of the wheels aren't lining up then how come Everytime I change the combo it lines back up at the change key index with the new number it just won't open or line up at the open index line
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:53 am

You wrote that you can't get the change key fully into the key hole. So something must not be lined up.
<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:28 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:You wrote that you can't get the change key fully into the key hole. So something must not be lined up.

all the wheels must be lined up and when I turn the key to change combo it will change it except it wont open. plus the new combo dose'nt line up at the open mark it lines back to the change combo mark. the combo changes everytime it just wont open and lines up at the change mark not the open mark.. I feel im missing something to finish it
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:56 pm

Under the change index the wheels line up at the change key hole. Under the opening index the wheels line up at the fence.
<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:32 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:Under the change index the wheels line up at the change key hole. Under the opening index the wheels line up at the fence.

I'm going to make a YouTube video this will explain things easier screw that no video. This is what I do I put the combo at the change index then I put key in I turn it. Then I'll put a new number in 4L3R2L0 I'll then turn the key back. I'll then turn key back to change combo but I'll put the same number in. Then turn key back pull it out then try the combo it won't open. It has to be something simple I'm overlooking..
Last edited by AL usher69 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:39 pm

Makes it probably easier. Thanks!
<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:00 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:Makes it probably easier. Thanks!

Martin let me ask you this. if one of the wheels wasn't aligned correct would I be able to change the combo. I have no problem changing the combo it works everytime 10L 20R 30L 0R it just wont open im thinking its the last number 0 i'm still trying a movie ill have to wait till my old lady gets home.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:06 pm

If one of the wheels wasn't aligned correctly, you would not be able to change the combo, but it might be, that the required dialing precision is higher for the opening than to get the change key in. I will try that with my 8088.
PreviousNext

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks