FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Help S&G 8077

<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:35 am

Help S&G 8077

I got a nib S&g8077 so I decided to change combination of course when I put the new number in nothing and 25 0 isn't working either I did leave the door open for key. Next time I set a new combination I'm putting my dog in another room. I seen on YouTube they say you need some other key to unlock one wheel at a time. Any help will be appreciated.. thank you
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:54 am

Re: Help S&G 8077

The other-key method is the fast one, but you can also decode just by looking. Turn left until you see the change key hole in the disk. Then the last number is that which is under the change index. The numbers for W2 and W1 are more effort as you have to position W3 and later W2 and W3 back to have a view. But perhaps it helps you to realize what is wrong by just knowing the last number. Often people use the opening index instead of the change index to set the combination.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:21 am

MartinHewitt wrote:The other-key method is the fast one, but you can also decode just by looking. Turn left until you see the change key hole in the disk. Then the last number is that which is under the change index. The numbers for W2 and W1 are more effort as you have to position W3 and later W2 and W3 back to have a view. But perhaps it helps you to realize what is wrong by just knowing the last number. Often people use the opening index instead of the change index to set the combination.

I put tape on it just so the changing index was showing just in case. I've tried two numbers both under and above the new combination and still nothing. Looking through the hole I see 2 spots on the wheel and I can put the key more. I get lost after that.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:33 am

If you have metal working skills, then you can also make this special key yourself. You only need one, which is square at the tip, so that you can couple and uncouple one wheel at at ime. The rest of the tool is just round with a diameter small enough, so that you can shove it in and turn it.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:51 am

MartinHewitt wrote:If you have metal working skills, then you can also make this special key yourself. You only need one, which is square at the tip, so that you can couple and uncouple one wheel at at ime. The rest of the tool is just round with a diameter small enough, so that you can shove it in and turn it.

I have a picture of it somewhere I got it from another forum. I will find it and keep my adventures posted. Thanks Martin you always find time to help and other guys on this forum..
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:13 am

Not at all!

And btw. here is a video describing the precedure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVBaR6Qh1KA
<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:30 am

I seen the video its using two recovery tools what I'm trying to do now is find a detailed photo with 3d design so I can make both tools and get to fixing this fuckup..
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:00 pm

The second tool is just a change key without nose. The first tool is just a square tip on a long round rod. The second tool is just a convenience. You can do everything with the first one. With the first tool you go in to unlock the wheels one by one. You can also go out and lock the wheels one by one.
<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:06 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:The second tool is just a change key without nose. The first tool is just a square tip on a long round rod. The second tool is just a convenience. You can do everything with the first one. With the first tool you go in to unlock the wheels one by one. You can also go out and lock the wheels one by one.

Got it now too making one again I will keep my progress posted
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:09 pm

Did you dial the new combination to the change index or the normal dialing index? If you did the latter it would explain why the new combination is not working. It is such a natural thing to do that most won't even realize it.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:21 pm

Riyame wrote:Did you dial the new combination to the change index or the normal dialing index? If you did the latter it would explain why the new combination is not working. It is such a natural thing to do that most won't even realize it.

AL did learn from us a lot!

AL usher69 wrote:I put tape on it just so the changing index was showing just in case.
<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:50 pm

Riyame wrote:Did you dial the new combination to the change index or the normal dialing index? If you did the latter it would explain why the new combination is not working. It is such a natural thing to do that most won't even realize it.

I did 25 then 0 at the 1st setting which let me turn the key then the new numbers at the 1st line cause I had the other one covered with tape. 4L 3r 2L then 0
<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:10 pm

I put the change key in and just turn the dial lifting the key here and there and I've gotten the key almost in it stops just at well here is the pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

AL usher69

Post Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:18 pm

When I did the new combo it was 26-11-39-0
I look through the key hole and the last wheel lines up at 18 how I got 18 from 39 it's still a progress after work I try numbers I've got numbers 2nd and 3rd so now 1 to the last number
<<

AL usher69

Post Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:28 pm

Okay I put 3-14-18-0 the key went all the way down it's not turning if someone has done this before let me know I really got excited when key went it's like getting the 3rd number on a safe lock
Next

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks