FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Novice- Need help identifying this safe

<<

Stacey131

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:42 pm

Novice- Need help identifying this safe

Hi! My dad passed suddenly 4 years ago and we’ve opened and used his safe. We know the code but for some reason this stopped working. We punch code in and get an orange light and it won’t open. We though the battery? But no idea where it goes. Then I remembered my own safe and it having a key! Well I can’t find a key in anything of my dads so it is sitting there. My moms passport is in there and she would like to be able to use safe.

Can anyone tell the brand? Once I get that, am thinking we can buy a new key? The safe is mounted to my parents bedroom furniture and we can’t remove obviously...

Thanks !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:44 pm

Re: Novice- Need help identifying this safe

Call a locksmith and they can pick the lock open for you. There is no makers name on it and it was likely made somewhere in china.

Tell them it has a dead battery with no external battery source and a tubular lock bypass that needs to be picked.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Stacey131

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:47 pm

It’s mounted to their bedroom cabinet- otherwise I would take it in. I can’t open it to unscrew it ...
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:42 pm

This is the typical hardware store "safe". You can find them under a lot of brand names. Perel seems to be the most common brand in my area.
But they all come from the same factory in China.
Most locksmiths will be able to pick this open for you. And make a new key for it.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:33 pm

That is the typical cheapest Chinese metal box. Besides picking the lock the two easiest methods are with a slap on the door (see on youtube: Opening a safe with a potato) and through the LED holes (see on youtube: SentrySafe Opened With a Coat Hanger). If that is to difficult, then just force it open with a screw driver. This thing only creates the illusion of security.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Visitor

Post Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:10 am

Also look for opening with a tin can opener.
The cost in time and effort opening this non destructively is probably not worth it especially if you've wrecked it by ripping the keypad off. Very cheap to replace just rip it to bits.
Alternatively tell us where you are, if you're near me I'll do it for the callout charge.

Ps, I don't know anyone in the trade that originates new tubular keys anymore, the locks are so cheap and nasty everyone just sticks a new lock in, it's cheaper than cutting a new key for me.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:33 pm

Visitor wrote:Ps, I don't know anyone in the trade that originates new tubular keys anymore, the locks are so cheap and nasty everyone just sticks a new lock in, it's cheaper than cutting a new key for me.

I know several locksmiths that will pick and originate keys. That thing picks easily, and cutting a key with a machine, or Herty Gerty if mobile is a very quick job. Have done it quite a few times myself.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks