FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Part identification help

<<

km27

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:49 am

Part identification help

Long story, but I'm trying to repair the handle of a stack-on safe (if it weren't very securely attached to the wall/floor I wouldn't be bothering, trust me). Anyone know what this part is, and hopefully where to find a new one? Thanks!

<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Re: Part identification help

Stack-on customer service: "You can reach us at 702-331-8033 during normal business hours."
I would call their customer service to see where to E-mail your picture of the part. Looks like a handle driver cam??
<<

km27

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:56 pm

jharveee wrote:Stack-on customer service: "You can reach us at 702-331-8033 during normal business hours."
I would call their customer service to see where to E-mail your picture of the part. Looks like a handle driver cam??

I've called them a couple times. They haven't been much help. They've said they can't sell parts, it's an old safe they don't make anymore, and the emails I've sent in haven't been answered. :-/
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:11 am

Is it just that the pin has come loose in the cam?
If so sometimes you can clamp the pin in a vice and peen it over from the back with a hammer to spread the pin into the hole in the cam. if not can you get someone to weld it back in place?
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:23 am

That's a great idea, to fix the part. Or make a new one your self. Maybe knock the old pin out and replace with a carriage bolt and nut?
<<

madsamurai

Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:04 am

They don't make words bad enough to describe Stack-on customer service... we sell stack-on where I work, and if we need replacement parts it often takes 8-10 months of nagging and yelling before we'll get them. Also, they'll tell you straight up you've already voided your warranty by taking the broken part out. I got a 10-gun safe for $50 because they couldn't provide a working combination for it based on the serial number, and each time we called they gave a different combination sequence for the same serial, so it sat in the way in the receiving area for over a year before I made them an offer to get it out of there. To make matters worse, they outsourced their customer service department to Mexico a year or two ago, and language became a real problem.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks