FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

WHAT VIDEOS HAVE MANIPULATION TIPS

<<

AL usher69

Post Fri May 17, 2019 7:10 am

WHAT VIDEOS HAVE MANIPULATION TIPS

I'm looking for the better videos on combination safe manipulation tips, techniques, etc, etc. I've seen some YouTube videos, some good some so fast I get lost. I'm still spinning, but after 9 hrs of construction work and being 60 yrs old I seem to sleep when home. So any help will be much appreciated..
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sun May 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Re: WHAT VIDEOS HAVE MANIPULATION TIPS

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun May 19, 2019 3:17 pm

I really would not have done it this way.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

L4R3L2

Post Sun May 19, 2019 10:29 pm

There's definitely something peculiar about that lock! A four wheel Yale friction fence lock that yields 3 of the four gates in one rotation, and with whole number variations? I don't think so!!!
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Mon May 20, 2019 6:35 am

The tip worthy part was the book, The National Locksmith Guide To Manipulation.
<<

Squelchtone

Post Mon May 20, 2019 7:08 am

why are we yelling? I never understood people's belief that if they use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS in their post titles that somehow more people on the forum will see their question and reply to it.. Please don't use all capitals if you can help it, on the internet that means you are yelling about something. (If your vision is an issue, there are ways in Windows and on a Mac to view/zoom your screen to see things easier than typing everything in big letters)

I don't think there are any actual step by step "this is how you manipulate a safe lock" videos, probably for a reason. Imagine if the local crook could just watch a video on how to do it? Probably not the best thing to be putting out on youtube. I know there are some spinning videos from some members here and those are good for people who already know the premise of how manipulation works, it's nice to compare notes and learn dialing/parking shortcuts.

Squelchtone
<<

AL usher69

Post Tue May 21, 2019 3:13 am

A member mention he was going to watch some helpful videos out there and mention a name. I look it up and got excited it was some good stuff and didn't know how I missed them. So as far as the capital letters are concerned I was excited thinking there might be more out there. Now I don't think the comment about being a thief was about me. Im not that person to asked for help for doing something wrong I am that person that if I wanted to do wrong I would take it from a person like a man in person thank God I know right from wrong.. . I really like this forum cause I go to it everyday to try and learn more . Have a nice day . I'm glad that this forum exist and that there are a number of yous willing to explain when I have a hard time. Like I said it's my go too when I get home from working hard. Any we're I go in this armpit of a city and start talking to locksmiths they look at you like your a criminal that's why when I'm here I feel welcome thank you
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 pm

Not sure if my series is going to help you Al, but they're worth a look for background information.

I saw that there was a lack of decent YouTube videos on this a couple of years ago and embarked on a massive series. I got about halfway through this and then life got in the way, so the ones I've completed so far take the viewer through the basic concepts of a three wheel lock and how it works, but I haven't yet started on the manipulation principles. One of these days I'll complete the series but the videos are very time consuming to make and I don't think I'll be doing them in the near future. Link to the first seven videos is below for what it's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... rK1VOSzrWK

I value you guy's opinions so if anyone on here has any suggestions for how I can improve these vids, or topics that you think I should cover in the next part of the series, I'l love to hear it.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue May 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Great stuff Michael. And as you mentioned, there's not much in the way of safe lock vids. By comparison to the thousands of vids on lockpicking, there seems to be only a handful of videos that discuss safe locks. Certainly a large void to fill and I very much so applaud your efforts to do so. Props to you!

So I was going to pace myself and watch just one tonight, but ended up following you through the first 3 parts, lol. So far I'm impressed. It's obvious you've put a great deal of thought into each before recording. Well thought out, logically ordered, and nicely worded. I'm looking forward to more when I find the time.

As funny as it may sound, safe locks have truly enriched my life in many ways. So again, I'm just tickled pink with the time and effort you're putting forth to help others understand and enjoy these beautiful mechanisms.

Carry on good sir :salute: Carry on.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

AL usher69

Post Wed May 22, 2019 5:48 am

Oldfast you have a great way of talking to people. I could of never explained it that way. It does take a lot of work and I appreciate the effort and always willing to learn more. Thanks for the videos

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks