FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Small Meilink Home Safe

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Mon May 13, 2019 11:10 am

Small Meilink Home Safe

Recently bought this Meilink safe for $20. Second owner was having trouble opening it. Combo he gave me ( orig owner used same #s) 84-4-87 then to 0. Somehow it would open but something was wrong with those numbers. Got it home and took lock apart and cleaned and gave it a proper combo. Noticed that all centers of wheels mesh change were not fully snapped in. Proper sequence on this Center Mfg.100 lock is 4L-3R-2L-R to stop (around 85). Fully functional now. I believe one of the previous owners attempted to change combo but failed to do properly.
DSCI1078.JPG
DSCI1077.JPG
DSCI1074.JPG
DSCI1075.JPG
DSCI1076.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

SafecrackinSammmy

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 18, 2019 5:55 am

Re: Small Meilink Home Safe

Looks like it is in nice condition.

That last number being so close to the drop in point probably didnt help...

Those wheels always did have an issue with not snapping back in on a change. I always whacked em with a flat side of a screw driver handle to make sure they seated.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 18, 2019 9:42 am

Is this the notorious safe lock with the wheels made of plastic that have bits of the flashing pressed, so to form high spots opposite the gate?
You have a keen eye for finding these deals. Nice job! :mrgreen:
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat May 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Another great buy bitbuster. It looks to be in great shape.
Surprised to see no external relocker fitted on this one.

I can only imagine how many of these were sold back in the day.
I tend to see a lot of them (at least around here in my area).

And thanks for this Sammmy...
SafecrackinSammmy wrote:. . . . Those wheels always did have an issue with not snapping back in on a change. I always whacked em with a flat side of a screw driver handle to make sure they seated.

I'll be sure to keep this in mind next time I work with one.

jharveee wrote:Is this the notorious safe lock with the wheels made of plastic that have bits of the flashing pressed, so to form high spots opposite the gate?
You have a keen eye for finding these deals. Nice job!
:mrgreen:

Yup, that's the lock. Some more prevalent than others. And not all of them will have excess flashing. Also, I came across one where the flashing did not lie directly across from the gate... that one really threw me for a loop. Anyway, the C-100 is the one you're thinking of, yeah.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 18, 2019 9:21 pm

These locks came in 2 versions. Some used metal wheels and others used plastic. They are not interchangeable. The plastic wheels are slightly larger in diameter than the metal wheels. Also, some locks use the 'normal' screw-on spindle with spline key and others may have the square spindle that fits into the square opening in the drive cam.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

Hmd231

Post Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:12 am

My grandparents had this safe. We don’t think anything is in it but my dad doesn’t remember combo and I’ve been looking for it/ hoping to come across it in estate. Do you know of the orig combos I could try? It’s not a high priority for my parents but I’m curious.. been reading about manipulation, however I came across a thread that these gates are odd and have to add50or so points. Like I said I just started learning, but thought I would check and maybe luck out with old combo?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:22 am

The wheels have flash mostly opposite the gate. When a lock like this is manipulated there will be hills on this graph created by that flash. The gate is then approximately on the other side of the wheel, i.e. approximately + 50 numbers.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks