FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Star floor safe with a twist

<<

Notaneasytarget

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:23 am

Star floor safe with a twist

What I have here is an E rated star door, complete with a TL-15 rating tag. Internally. it's comparable to their C rated door, with the addition of 1/2" extra steel in the door. The body of the safe is made of 1" thick plate, making this a real bruiser.

But now the twist:

This safe will open regardless of the direction of the dial.

I understand the usual procedure of dialing these open, but what would allow me to reverse the dialing directions and still have the lock operate??

I tried reverse dialing my other stars and got now where.

Any ideas???
<<

Squelchtone

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:08 pm

Re: Star floor safe with a twist

Notaneasytarget wrote:What I have here is an E rated star door, complete with a TL-15 rating tag. Internally. it's comparable to their C rated door, with the addition of 1/2" extra steel in the door. The body of the safe is made of 1" thick plate, making this a real bruiser.

But now the twist:

I understand the usual procedure of dialing these open, but what would allow me to reverse the dialing directions and still have the lock operate??

Any ideas???

This seems like the opposite of a problem. Why does this cause you to add extra ?????? marks? I was under the impression that movable flys make it so combinations can be dialed from either direction on modern locks.

Whats the concern here?
<<

L4R3L2

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:24 pm

Re: Star floor safe with a twist

Notaneasytarget wrote:But now the twist:

Any ideas???

With dimensional differences between the parts compounding, movable flies don't always allow for reverse dialing, nor are they designed to. Movable flies were made to allow using all numbers for combinations. However, a lock with wheels having well matched movable flies will allow for reverse dialing. Yours does, but your others are off enough that it doesn't work for them. It just depends on the dimensions of the individual parts as they are thrown together at the time they were assembled.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks