FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

First Direct Entry manipulation- NEVER assume anything

<<

L4R3L2

Post Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:28 am

First Direct Entry manipulation- NEVER assume anything

Sentry fire safe, direct entry, easy-peasy. Read the books and threads, attached laser and rubber band to handle, chart paper about two feet away. I've got this!

They say....drive wheel combination almost always first to determine. Just find the gate directly opposite the wide high area, or find the widest and/or deepest gate, and that will be the drive wheel's number. Blah, blah, blah. Apparently Sentry also got the memo, and changed things up to make manipulation more difficult. Sure threw me off a bit, this being my first direct entry manipulation, and three wheel group 2s being my only experience so far.

It turned out that the gate I thought must be on the drive wheel was actually on wheel 2. 95R, or 85L. Wheel pickup was about 5 increments per wheel, so I should have known the gate was on wheel 2 from the get-go, but I'm unfamiliar with fixed drive pin locks. Afterwards, I really had to think through why there was a 10 increment variation for reversing wheel direction, instead of 5.

Anyway, with 95R on wheel 2, NOW I can get that drive wheel number. Not so! Wheel 1 read next, and finally a brute force for the drive wheel. Exactly the opposite from what the text books promise. It took longer than it needed to, but it did open just the same.

Last edited by L4R3L2 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:01 am

Re: First Direct Entry manipulation- NEVER assume anything

As with your other post please edit to the smaller images. I replied there with a quick how to.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:50 am

Can you show a pic of the inside, so we can see what Sentry changed ?
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

L4R3L2

Post Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:41 pm

Werewolf wrote:Can you show a pic of the inside, so we can see what Sentry changed ?

I didn't even open the door. It's a customer's safe that has been sitting here for months. I don't feel at liberty to make any disassembly on this one. Sorry.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks