FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

S&G 8088 combo recovery

<<

moving_picker

Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:30 am

S&G 8088 combo recovery

I have a S&G 8088 that I am trying to figure the combo out to. I have done the research and people are saying they can be brute forced, but I am not finding any info on how to.

Thanks in advance for the help.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:32 am

Re: S&G 8088 combo recovery

You start at 0-0-0, go to 0-0-1, so on and such forth until the lock opens. Yes, it will take a lot of time.

Edit: Try turning the dial 4x to the left and stopping on 25 then going directly R to 0 and pulling on the shackle. If not try 10-20-30-0 L-R-L-R. Those are the default combos
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

moving_picker

Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Riyame wrote:You start at 0-0-0, go to 0-0-1, so on and such forth until the lock opens. Yes, it will take a lot of time.

Edit: Try turning the dial 4x to the left and stopping on 25 then going directly R to 0 and pulling on the shackle. If not try 10-20-30-0 L-R-L-R. Those are the default combos

I have tried all the default codes I can find with no luck. I was hoping there was a bit of an easier way/faster way to go through all the codes available. I know that going through all the individual codes will take quite a while.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:28 am

moving_picker wrote:
I have tried all the default codes I can find with no luck. I was hoping there was a bit of an easier way/faster way to go through all the codes available. I know that going through all the individual codes will take quite a while.

There is no other way. They are extremely manipulation resistant.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

moving_picker

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:15 am

Riyame wrote:
moving_picker wrote:

There is no other way. They are extremely manipulation resistant.

I appreciate the help either way. Just going to have to spend a few days to go through all codes.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:59 am

How many combinations, if you had to try them all would that be? Do you have a list of combinations and cross them off as you proceed? Do you have a method or a system that speeds this Brute Force attack along is my question I guess?
Last edited by jharveee on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 pm

There are theoretical 50x50x50 = 125000 combinations. In real life [TM] there are probably less because people do not choose e.g. 0-0-0. Efficient dialing is done by e.g. starting with 0-0-0, then 0-0-1, 0-0-2, 0-0-3, ... . That is you set the first and second wheel, turn the third to 0 and "come than back to 0" for the drive cam and pull strongly the shackle. Turn to 1 (wheel 3 at 1), back to 0, pull. Turn to 2 (wheel 3 at 2), back to 0, pull. 3, back, pull, 4, back, pull, .... 49, back pull. Turn right until you pick up W2 and move it one number back to 49. Then left until you pick up W3 again and scan W3 like before. And so on and so on. It is important to understand what's happening inside the lock. If you make an error and think you are scanning 0-0-1/2/3/4/5/... but the wheels are really somewhere else, then it will never open with 0-0-5. I think you have to do increments by one. So there is no speedup possible there.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:20 am

So 342 combination attempts per day, you could go through the possibilities in close to 1 year.?
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:45 am

Lots of good info here, particularly lists manipulation resistance at 30 minutes (but then again, manipulation proof would fill that requirement too, so...): http://lockwiki.com/index.php/S%26G_8088

Edit: Just wondering what the dialing tolerance is for that lock.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:57 am

In UL768 there is only "manipulation resistance 30 minutes". Even if a lock manipulation is resisting for 100 hours it is still rated 30 minutes. I found no easy way to manipulate the 8077AD. Maybe with a device which puts a defined force on the shackle and measures how far it can be pulled out. I think +/- 1 won't open the lock. I don't know how the 8088 is. It must have some weaknesses else there would be no 8077s.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:55 pm

I owe the OP a genuine debt of gratitude for this thread -firstly for introducing me to a lock that I didn't even know existed - there isn't much call for American military padlocks in New Zealand - but secondly for showing me the way to what must rank as truly the worst video in the history of picking and manipulation*.

I bought a couple of these locks cheap on ebay last night. Then I had a quick google and found the excellent Lockwiki link that Jaakko has linked to above...but also found this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2cDV1DcK0E

It's genuinely difficult to watch, and what is even worse is the comments section where many very well known members of our community make some - er - difficult to believe comments.

It's only 3 minutes long and I implore you to watch (and listen) all the way through and read the comments.

Again - @moving_picker - thanks very much for introducing me to this lock.

Michael.

*Edit - or a troll, of course. In some ways I hope it is.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:55 am

MHM wrote:It's only 3 minutes long and I implore you to watch (and listen) all the way through and read the comments.

You owe me the 3 minutes I wasted watching this troll pretending to manipulate a lock set to all 0s... or maybe I missed the joke?

Cheers :)
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:33 am

Yeah, I think (hope?) it's a troll. But the bulk of the commenters sure don't.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:04 pm

femurat wrote:
MHM wrote:It's only 3 minutes long and I implore you to watch (and listen) all the way through and read the comments.

You owe me the 3 minutes I wasted watching this troll pretending to manipulate a lock set to all 0s... or maybe I missed the joke?

Cheers :)

W.T.F. Yeah, 3 minutes for me too, plus change.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:29 pm

Geeeez :rofl:

" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
Next

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks