FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Sentry Safe Repair

<<

travislsthq

Post Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:19 pm

Sentry Safe Repair

So I picked up a Sentry 2275 today on the side of the road, free for the taking. Get it home and it's missing the key (no biggie) but it's also got a broken hinge. The hinge itself looks to be just a simple plastic form filled with firebrick or concrete for fireproofing.

Does anyone know how I might get replacement hinges for the thing? I've searched the Sentry website and I found where to get the replacement key, but not hinges. Should I just reach out to their customer service?

I could easily just buy a new safe, I get that, but I like to challenge myself. It's one of those "repair the trash" deals. Every once in a while I like to find a free for the taking thing and fix it up, and then flip it to someone who will actually use it. Makes me feel good, and I improve my skills while I'm at it.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: Sentry Safe Repair

They will not give you parts. If you want to repair it you will need to make anything yourself.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 05, 2018 9:53 am

Re: Sentry Safe Repair

I like where your head's at- if you search for 'THE ART OF FREESAFEING' in the search bar, you'll come across my post on a (potential -) new thread for the everyday common garden variety Locksporter, whereby you take a broken or unintended container and then adapt bodge cajole charm trick bribe and bully said container into a functional safe...

Let me know if you can find a way to manufacture the hinges on the safe (can i call a sentry a safe..?:p )you have please?
crossing paths with people who have spent all day panicking and FRANTIC, desperately trying to recall the combination of a key operated lock

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks