FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

UK lock type: L&F 2802, Willenhall CT12, Ratner etc.

<<

Visitor

Post Sun May 27, 2018 5:08 am

Re: UK lock type: L&F 2802, Willenhall CT12, Ratner etc.

In my experience the previous method is faultless, I'll be sticking with that but nice sales pitch. I have a pick for these that's also indexed but the high and low tool never fails although the 'flick' in the video to open it isn't the correct technique in my experience.

Martin, that's what I was trying to say, in responce to your question of why would some have all the bellies the same i answered it is to thwart belly reading.

Safe engineer for 20 years.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun May 27, 2018 5:36 am

Sorry, Visitor, then I misunderstood you. And it is not only the belly reading which is the problem. E.g. the STUV 4.19.92 ( http://wiki.koksa.org/STUV_VdS1 ). It has two different belly types. So instead of 6 possible positions per lever there are only 3 which obviously reduces the search space even when the belly form is ignored.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun May 27, 2018 5:39 am

huxleypig wrote:It is a most exemplary tool and is universal to all this type of lock. One day every locksmith will have one...one day...

Where is your online shop? :smile:
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Visitor

Post Sun May 27, 2018 11:07 pm

It's ok, I don't always explain things properly.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:59 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:
huxleypig wrote:It is a most exemplary tool and is universal to all this type of lock. One day every locksmith will have one...one day...

Where is your online shop? :smile:

It still doesn't exist :smile: But there is a chance the tool will be out there some point soon, hopefully.

Visitor wrote:In my experience the previous method is faultless, I'll be sticking with that but nice sales pitch. I have a pick for these that's also indexed but the high and low tool never fails although the 'flick' in the video to open it isn't the correct technique in my experience.

Martin, that's what I was trying to say, in responce to your question of why would some have all the bellies the same i answered it is to thwart belly reading.

Safe engineer for 20 years.

The hi/low technique only applies to a few of these locks in particular the L&F 2802 and variants (not sure about the 3001 but the false gate design looks like it might stop it), as it only has 4 cuts and very bad tolerances. As already pointed out, locks with identical bellies will stop the technique instantly too. So then you're back to using a 2-in-1 and battling against false sets and the usual picking problems.
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:34 pm

The s2 both 7 and 9 lever is a different lock and design, I first used to hear these ct12 type of locks referred to as MOT locks, maybe because we used to see them a lot on garage mot safes which used to have to have a deadlock and slam lock capability but they seem to have found popularity probably due to their low cost.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks