FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

S&G Lock Identification and Setup

<<

jacobbiljo

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:34 pm

S&G Lock Identification and Setup

I was given 2 S&G safe locks without any dials several years ago and I'd like to try learning manipulation on them.

- The more pressing question is what would I need to get these up and running.I plan on mounting these on a display board so I know I will need a Dial(D003 003), Ring(R004 002), Spindle Extension Kit(7312 003) and Spline key(U17)? I'm basing all these purchases on flipping through a IDN catalog in front of me. Is there a reliable source for getting these parts used/secondhand in Canada? Is that all I would need?

- The secondary interest for me is understanding which series of lock this is. On the round ring where it is typically marked with the lock series from the pictures I can see, it just says Sargent Greenleaf and Nicholasville.KY U.S.A. The sticker label simply says Group 2 NO. E-062282 on one and Group 2 NO. D-181203. It would be nice to figure out which lock these are. Comparing the pictures from the S&G website, looking at the materials used for the lever and the soldering to the fence, these could either be a 6630 or 6730 lock.

Thanks for any advice. I have looked around but most things I've found don't cover these finer details.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:47 pm

Re: S&G Lock Identification and Setup

Pictures always help :P

All you should need is a dial, ring, and spline key. No need for a spindle extension unless your display board is over a foot thick. A change key would also be helpful to have. I have the spline keys on hand, will be getting dials and rings soon and I also have some of those plastic lock mounts if you are interested. Navy blue in color.

It is most likely a 6730.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: S&G Lock Identification and Setup

6630 is not a Group 2 and can be recognized by the wheel on the nose of the lever. You probably have 6730s.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks