FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

THE ART OF FREESAFEING

<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:59 pm

THE ART OF FREESAFEING

[attachment=1]2_SMA_4.jpg[/attachment]:kickyoass: EVERY now and then, there is something that pops up on one of these kinds of boards that seem, upon first glance, to be frivolous, childish, and maybe even a little bit silly.

I can confirm that this is one of those posts; however, I can also assure you all that I have personally found it to be remarkably rewarding, enjoyable, and also at times frustrating and rage-inducingly tricky, hence me now producing it here and introducing any and all willing participants to my new hobby-branch of Locksport:

**THE ART OF FREESAFEING **

The idea basically is that of taking a container, object, box, bowl, dish, saucepan, junction box or old pedal bin, basically ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that you are able to get your hands on that was NOT meant to be a safe, and making a safe (to any extent, from just mounting a safe lock to it, through to making a custom boltwork setup and arrangement for it) from that object.

Sound easy?

Ohhh yes it does....

IS it easy??

Noooot somuch....

Guys, I am BEGGING you all, even if its just the once, and just to prove that I am wrong and an idiot, that its no fun at all and really not that hard, I am BEGGING you to please, all at least try it the once, I have a strong suspicion it may well catch on...

If nothing else, the experience will aid in the skills required to get the more unusual, quirky and unique jobs done in the future, improve your adaptability, that sort of thing...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:46 pm

Re: THE ART OF FREESAFEING

I have always wanted to do something like that. I've wanted to make a lamp base with a working 6730 on it. I have also wanted to do similar things with time lock movements.
<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:41 pm

Re: THE ART OF FREESAFEING

[quote="mdc5150"]I have always wanted to do something like that. I've wanted to make a lamp base with a working 6730 on it. I have also wanted to do similar things with time lock movements.[/quote]

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing I was on about, and it is clearly do-able to be able to make the light switch itself be in the opportune place that the lamp itself could be turned on or off actually by dialing the combination and having the lock bolt physically interact with the switch...

:)

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks