FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

MartinHewitt's LG 1800

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:16 pm

MartinHewitt's LG 1800

Got these days a La Gard 1800. It is basically a LG 3330 with a fourth wheel. The fourth wheel is black. Don't know why. The 1800 uses the same change key as the 3330. Because the 1800 has also the same wheels as the 3330 I expect the same difficulties with wheel float, but with a lot more work at the end. Attached here an AWL of the lock with the combination 10/30/50/70. As we can see in the graph we see nothing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:39 am

Re: MartinHewitt's LG 1800

I see something interesting between 30 and 32,5. And also around 60.

Cheers :)
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:52 am

Around 60 is certainly nothing, but 30/32.5 could be wheel 2 - or not. I will see what wheel identification results are at this location.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:42 am

Martin , there is an "old" post by member Altashot about manipulating La Gard lock.It was posted long before you joined.
The thread is called "safe talk, with Altashot." and is well worth reading , even though some of the pictures don't work anymore.

Altashot wrote:I had a short discussion with some members on another thread about La Gard manipulation.

I wrote: ..."Now I first look for the highest point, when the CP's are the furthest apart.
Then I manipulate very attentively 15 to 45 numbers away from there.
I have found that the gates are often about 90 degrees or about 25 numbers away from the high points, more or less."...

I was asked to evolve on the subject.

In order to avoid "polluting" the other thread, I chose to post it here. It pertains to this thread as well and I prefer to keep
these resources together rather than being scattered all over the place.

In the following story, I will try to explain, with pictures, how I came up with my theory and the observations I have made that seem to support it. This is not and exact science but it seems to work quite well. I have had many successes so far.
I assumed that you have a great understanding of how combination locks work and that you already have experience with manipulation. I do not get into the "nitty-gritty" of manipulation as there are several tutorials and the topic has been discussed extensively on other threads.

As I said, this is only a theory, and I am open to discussions/critiques/ideas on the matter.

Let's talk.

http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/Altashot/story/71817

M.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:54 am

Yes, I have seen that. IMHO his theory is not correct. If the off-center readings would be due to the shape of the wheel it would not matter if it is turned around left or right, but it does matter very much. Besides I believe even his own readings are not supporting this because he looks at the wheel from the back and on the dial from the front.
<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:33 pm

You are THE only other person Im able to find that makes any reference or mention of the LG 1800 series - is there any notable reason for this dyou know at all...?

Just as an aside, i think the fourth wheel is made from a slightly different material to hinder radiographic assault...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:36 am

It might be just that 4-wheel locks are not that common. Also it seems to be discontinued. So the production run might have been not that large.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Btw. the black wheel is made from steel. I don't know why, but I don't believe it helps against x-raying. I also don't believe wear is an issue for the outer part of the wheel.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks