FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Manipulation resistance, Securam Xtreme mechanical?

<<

Deadbolt

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Manipulation resistance, Securam Xtreme mechanical?

I purchased some redundant locks: a couple of NL Locks Rotobolt http://mbausa.com/lp-premier-redundant- ... ock-gp-2m/ and a Securam Xtreme http://mbausa.com/safelogic-xtreme-lock ... th-keypad/

I was dismayed to find that while the Rotobolt has an UL 2M mechanical lock, that of the Securam has an unrated chinese made mechanical lock. And the Securam lock cost nearly 4 times that of the Rotobolt and also costs more than my container! I feel cheated.

I would like to know if anybody here has tried to manipulate the mechanical lock of a Securam Xtreme, and can tell me if it is hard or easy to manipulate?

Thanks
<<

madsamurai

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:26 am

Re: Manipulation resistance, Securam Xtreme mechanical?

Have been curious about these myself... hope you'll take a bunch of pics for us ;)
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 am

The Xtreme looks like a fun manipulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPAUXWaTKxc
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Deadbolt

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:07 am

madsamurai wrote:Have been curious about these myself... hope you'll take a bunch of pics for us ;)

Oh, it will be awhile before I endulge into manipulation. I use these locks on my safes, and I will start the learning process with my 6730 and the 3390 I now purchased from the same source as yourself. Thanks for the tip, BTW.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:11 am

I am sure you do not want to learn manipulation with the 3390. What you want to get is the 3330. Also not that bad is the 6642. Really hard work is the 6630. How to manipulate the 3390 I do not know, yet.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Deadbolt

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:35 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:I am sure you do not want to learn manipulation with the 3390. What you want to get is the 3330. Also not that bad is the 6642. Really hard work is the 6630. How to manipulate the 3390 I do not know, yet.

I know :-) I will start on the 6730, the 3390 is for further studies later on. Got it now as they are offered at $20 .

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks