FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Mounting locks

<<

ironwill04

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:52 am

Mounting locks

Dis anyone have suggestions for good ways to mount the lagard i just got? Also duress anyone mount then for table top height, or for standing up?

How thick should the metal be that it is mounted to. It would be on a safe so i would think thick, but the bolts that come with it are not that long.

Wil
<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Re: Mounting locks

There is absolutely nothing anywhere that says it has to even BE metal that you mount these things to- if you are to check the attachment, I have provided proof that I am the owner (-possibly fictitiously, the actual research i have put into the claim is fsirly deeply rooted in the category labelled 'negligible'..) of one of the most well secured open topped empty boxes in th WORLD! (again, - possibly...)
This is how i have learned the manipulation of my LaGard 1800 series group 2 4wheel lock, so there is no reasons why you couldn't do the same..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:55 pm

caste, I don't want to burst your bubble......but the contents of your box are empty! It may not be as secure as you believe. Or perhaps someone else was learning this along with you! :0
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:58 am

I live in a poor area, kids round here will nick ANYTHIN:Probably the effect of Brexit.... :p
crossing paths with people who have spent all day panicking and FRANTIC, desperately trying to recall the combination of a key operated lock

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks