Page 1 of 1

LaGard 3390 group 2M really cheap on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:42 pm
by madsamurai
Just stumbled onto this listing and grabbed one up because I couldn't pass it by for this price... there's still a couple left as I'm posting this. Thought some of you might be interested. LG3390 with dial and hardware for just under $18 and free shipping:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LaGard-3390-UL-Listed-2M-Combination-Bank-ATM-Safe-Lock/182992130091?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3Dca7c6a52cc574cf79035d0988e2061cc%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D7%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D263404519726&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726

Re: LaGard 3390 group 2M really cheap on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:42 am
by ironwill04
madsamurai wrote:Just stumbled onto this listing and grabbed one up because I couldn't pass it by for this price... there's still a couple left as I'm posting this. Thought some of you might be interested. LG3390 with dial and hardware for just under $18 and free shipping:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LaGard-3390-UL-Listed-2M-Combination-Bank-ATM-Safe-Lock/182992130091?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3Dca7c6a52cc574cf79035d0988e2061cc%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D7%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D263404519726&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726



Is this different from the lagard 3330 that i just bought?

Wil

Re: LaGard 3390 group 2M really cheap on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:21 am
by madsamurai
ironwill04 wrote:
Is this different from the lagard 3330 that i just bought?

Wil


Yes it is. The 3390 is Group 2M, which signifies additional manipulation resistance. Most 2M locks will have an extra arm inside that lifts the nose away from the cam until it is over the drop-in point, keeping it from being able to touch the contact points and disallowing measurements like you'd get on a Group 2. Here's a pic of the innards:http://www.kaba.co.za/msl-dial-lagard3390.html. I believe manipulation usually requires listening equipment or some other method of reading the wheels, tho I haven't really delved into them yet. It's well beyond my abilities at this point, but I'm trying to collect as many safe locks as I can get my hands on to study, and the price was right.

Here's a post from Libertyclicks a while back that explains the difference between group 2 and 2M a little better: https://www.keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=7894.

Re: LaGard 3390 group 2M really cheap on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:07 pm
by MrAnybody
madsamurai wrote:Just stumbled onto this listing and grabbed one up because I couldn't pass it by for this price... there's still a couple left as I'm posting this. Thought some of you might be interested. LG3390 with dial and hardware for just under $18 and free shipping:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LaGard-3390-UL-Listed-2M-Combination-Bank-ATM-Safe-Lock/182992130091?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3Dca7c6a52cc574cf79035d0988e2061cc%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D7%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D263404519726&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726


Very cool find. Thanks for sharing that. I just wish I could go for it, but by the time I check he'd ship to UK, it'll be gone, no doubt.

For anyone considering it, note that the seller has zero feedback.

Re: LaGard 3390 group 2M really cheap on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:24 pm
by madsamurai
MrAnybody wrote:For anyone considering it, note that the seller has zero feedback.

That said, he's already shipped it and sent a personal message explaining he's a new seller... I'll let you know how it all works out. I noticed that, too, but considering the price, I wasn't too worried about the risk. At worst, I'm out $18.

Re: LaGard 3390 group 2M really cheap on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:23 pm
by madsamurai
Got it all a few days ago (sorry, I've been sick). Everything's in good condition, all the parts are with it, spindle is straight and about 2.5" long. I'm quite pleased. Looks like they're all gone, tho...

Re: LaGard 3390 group 2M really cheap on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:08 pm
by Deadbolt

Re: LaGard 3390 group 2M really cheap on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:20 am
by MartinHewitt
If somebody could spare one of the dials and send them cheaply over to Germany ... I would be interested! I want to make a light and portable mounting for travelling. It would be nice to have a lock to manipulate, because lock picking equipment is to much to carry and setup. It might also be difficult to explain.