FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

MartinHewitt's Safe Chronicles

<<

MartinHewitt

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:23 pm

Re: MartinHewitt's Safe Chronicles

MartinHewitt wrote:Got a notice that the safe of a friend of a colleague can be opened because the electronic lock was not working and the key was lost. My colleague said he will bring the safe to the office. I got suspicious, but I was told that the lock was for a double bitted key. Today he brought the safe to my office and send a photo: potato safe. :( I sent my colleague a link to a youtube video. Maybe he already opened it, but in any case I will not count this box as no. 2 and you will not get photos of me smacking it.

Actually I had to use a jiggler to open it.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

MartinHewitt

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:25 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:No. 2

A gun safe with single sheet walls where the keys had been lost while moving. As we have no AR-15s in German gun safes this is ok. This safe was apparently sold with with different key locks: STUV 4.19.92, dormakaba Mauer President and cawi Optima 2648. From the description of the bow I had expected the lock to be a simple STUV, which would be right a such a simple cabinet. Luckily it was the cawi, so I had more fun. The bitting was IMHO nasty. I got it open after a bit over two hours. Switched lock to a 2648 with available keys and it is now again in use.

The safe was probably made by the Czech company WICO: http://www.wico.cz/kovovyroba/zbranove- ... ove/wsa-5/
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

rphillips52

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Thank you Martin. I for one am interested in seeing what lever locks are used elsewhere in the world.
<<

MartinHewitt

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:37 pm

The most common key locks for new safes are in Germany IMHO - because I believe the cheap ones are more common than the secure safes - the Cawi Optima 2648, STUV 4.19.92, Mauer President, probably in that order. For mechanical combinations locks I would say the LG 3330 and LG 3390 where it seems to shift to the LG 3390. For electronic locks there is a lot of choice. Without a particular order: Mauer Code Combi B and variants, Cawi Primor, STUV Tulox, SECU, LG, ISS/GST SOLAR, M-Locks. Not sure how common the models are.
<<

MartinHewitt

Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Nothing you from me. Will give a call to the safe seller in the next village. Maybe he can give me some locked safe deposit boxes. Not sure if I manage to call him before my visit to Aberdeen.

HINT: I'm in Aberdeen from Thursday for 5 days in case somebody wants to meet.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks