FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Homak gun safe

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:22 pm

Homak gun safe

Any member(s) with 'Dave McOmie on Gun Safes', page 120. Notice anything odd under 'specifications' ? Correct me if I'm wrong.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Re: Homak gun safe

The lock handing is right hand, it has no relockers, and the handle turns counter clockwise.

I would expect the handle to turn clockwise judging by how far from the edge of the safe door and how close it is to the lock. But looking at the picture, it appears that the cam on the handle moves the bar downwards when the handle is turned CCW, since from the inside it would be turning CW. The bar looks like it turns the wheels to retract the bolts. So think it is correct.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:01 pm

What I didn't see, even with bifocals, was the little point at the bottom left of the cam (from inside). That, of course, butts against the bottom of the lock bolt. With the use of a magnifying glass I did finally see it. The book is correct and my question is moot.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:21 pm

bitbuster wrote:What I didn't see, even with bifocals, was the little point at the bottom left of the cam (from inside). That, of course, butts against the bottom of the lock bolt. With the use of a magnifying glass I did finally see it. The book is correct and my question is moot.

My eyesight is growing lousy with age, too. :?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks