FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

1855 J&J Taylor SAFE

<<

mikemet

Post Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:13 pm

1855 J&J Taylor SAFE

Was wondering if there was a way to open this safe, it was my fathers who has passed away and we have no idea what the combination is, I have had a locksmith look at it and he says that it wont open because of it's age. It has been sitting in the basement for about 45 years and has not been opene[img][img][/img][/img]d. He also said you could use an angle grinder with a cutting disc on the back of it I don't know if that is possible or not. Any help would be great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:52 am

Re: 1855 J&J Taylor SAFE

Where are you located
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:54 am

Please don't angle grind it. We'll figure something out!!
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:59 am

mikemet wrote:Was wondering if there was a way to open this safe, it was my fathers who has passed away and we have no idea what the combination is, I have had a locksmith look at it and he says that it wont open because of it's age. It has been sitting in the basement for about 45 years and has not been opene[img][img][/img][/img]d. He also said you could use an angle grinder with a cutting disc on the back of it I don't know if that is possible or not. Any help would be great.

With respect to your locksmith, it can be opened through touch. I have opened safes much like this one, and Webpirate has opened many more haha

With enough destruction you could open any safe through the back. But it has an outer metal shell, some sort of exceptionally hard concrete mix, and an inner shell of some sort. Probably not happening with an angle grinder. Same with cutting the hinges, this won't work due to the door having a tongue inside the door built specifically for preventing hinge cutting opening the door, and sometimes extra boltwork as well.

Here's a photo of what is likely a similar lock, although I expect yours may have some fancier engraving.

65852C6A-7052-40D0-B631-36127176E838_1_105_c.jpeg

If you're willing to send an email address in a dm I might be able to help you find someone to visit your area who can open it without destruction.
If you're in a hurry and want it open right away, you might want to check out https://www.savta.org/ for technicians in your area. Most will almost certainly drill a hole, but can repair it in a way that is mostly invisible.

Good luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mikemet

Post Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:36 am

Thanks for getting back to me , I would rather not force it open or cut it so I will try another locksmith, by the looks of it just above the dial it may have been drilled and filled before.
Email is mikes@shaw.ca I am in Calgary Alberta.
Thanks again.
Mike.
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:44 am

mikemet wrote:Thanks for getting back to me , I would rather not force it open or cut it so I will try another locksmith, by the looks of it just above the dial it may have been drilled and filled before.
Email is mikes@shaw.ca I am in Calgary Alberta.
Thanks again.
Mike.

Yes I also saw those plugs, looks like previous drill operator wasn’t sure where to drill at first. I don’t think I’ll say too much more on drilling on this forum

I’ll send you an email yet today
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:22 pm

If you don't find anyone let me know I will see about making my way down there. I have people I can crash with..

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks