FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Another safe cracked.

<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Another safe cracked.

For those keeping track of openings I have another safe added to my list..

My latest one had a smaller, and much better safe inside of what I would classify as a file cabinet with a safe lock. The "bolt" is a thin peice of metal. This safe could be pryed open. The inner little safe it very well built and would be very difficult to get into.

The outter lock too me about 10 minutes. I saved about 10 minutes by checking into number patterns after manipulating the last 2 numbers. Last number was 76, second number was 50. Allowing to the -1 +1 tolerances of the group 2 lock(not always but usually) I assumed since the second number was definitely 50 I would assume the last number is 75. And givin that It would be in my interest to try out 25 as the first number.
Sure enough 25-50-75 was the combo. So guessing 25 saved be about 10 minutes of running through combinations.

The inner lock took me 22 minutes...

I spent more time cleaning the locks than cracking the safe.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjDeenpS
<<

C locked

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:02 am

Re: Another safe cracked.

nicely done
but surely you tried the "usual suspects " of the factory combinations first
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:34 pm

Re: Another safe cracked.

I only try factory combos as a last resort. For me I like to actually crack the safe. Not just open it. Just as I have no interested in drilling into safes to get them open. If I can't manipulate it open I'm not interested.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks