FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Old Combination Lock

<<

MartinHewitt

Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Re: Old Combination Lock

Got a dial for this lock. Very good quality with a 6-lever lock built in. The spindle is rather long (something like 30cm). I do not see how to remove it. I do not want to cut a historic spindle. I would like to mount everything. So what do I do?
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:19 pm

Re: Old Combination Lock

MartinHewitt wrote:Got a dial for this lock. Very good quality with a 6-lever lock built in. The spindle is rather long (something like 30cm). I do not see how to remove it. I do not want to cut a historic spindle. I would like to mount everything. So what do I do?

Someone else made a simulated thick wall safe by taking two steel plates and fixing them apart from each other. I can’t remember who but it was a Diebold 177. That would probably work well here since you want to leave the spindle intact.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks