FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Can't identify this safe

<<

Dingelgirl

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Can't identify this safe

Inherited this safe with the house I bought. I have combination to safe and it is in operating order. My dilemma is that I don't really want it..but have no clue what it's worth or how much trouble it is going to be getting it out of my basement. SHould I just let it sit there taking up space or is it worth trying to find someone who may want it. ANy idea what it weighs?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:25 am

Re: Can't identify this safe

Nice safe. At 1st glance, it appears to be a Victor safe. How many numbers on the dial------60----100 ? To make positive ID, please remove back door cover and take a clear pic of lock. Post pic. Prices vary throughout the US. Don't rely on Ebay's highly over-inflated 'asking' or 'buy now' prices. It's an old safe but not a 'collectible'. I've seen Victor's on Craigslist from 'free, get it out of my house' to highly exaggerated asking prices. If I were to sell it in MY area, I would price it at $150-200. Just my opinion for my area. Don't forget to post a clear pic of the lock.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:11 am

It is a very nice safe! I would take it for $200 and free shipping. Unfortunately I expect the oversee shipping to be multiple of $200.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Dingelgirl

Post Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Thanks for your feedback, Martin I am coming to Germany in October but dont think I can claim as extra bag!
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:44 pm

Dingelgirl wrote:Thanks for your feedback, Martin I am coming to Germany in October but dont think I can claim as extra bag!

How many #s on dial?
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

Dingelgirl

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:53 am

Goes up to 50

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks