FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Yale Friction Fence Fun!!!

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: Yale Friction Fence Fun!!!

tarboxb wrote:Haha, yeah it really is a lot of fun. I love the challenge of it, imagining how the lock is working inside. I was never much for jigsaw puzzles, but this... This is a different story! May I inquire as to why you only do it in the Winter? Are you off from work then or something? I have been mostly doing them after I get out of work but it can be a little draining I must admit.

Right. Work keeps me busy about 10 out of 12 months.
But I'm usually left with 2-3 months off during the winter.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

tarboxb

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Re: Yale Friction Fence Fun!!!

Gotcha. I had my first experience with a floor safe tonight. :P That was a lot of fun, haha. I had never manipulated a 6741 before but had read about their "brick wall" contact points in relation to the 6730 and I almost immediately suspected that was the lock in this thing. I free spun it open but it was definitely one of my harder openings. Even with the easy contact points it was just being stubborn in indicating. I had determined the second number to be L44 and had suspicions of the first possibly being R75 but was not confident enough to go for a full brute force on the third wheel. Running it around R though at R68 as I spun left into the contact area, I heard that exhilarating click as the fence dropped and she was open! This one took me about 1 hour, 45 minutes. After opening up the safe, my suspicions of the lock were confirmed, 6741. Everything was in great shape, so we gave her a combination change and called it a night. That's "customer" safe number 8 so far! :D
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks