Page 3 of 3

Re: My New Sargend and Greenleaf 6642

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:53 pm
by MartinHewitt
Does the M10 fit through standard SG lock holes?

Re: My New Sargend and Greenleaf 6642

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:47 pm
by femurat
MartinHewitt wrote:Does the M10 fit through standard SG lock holes?


The M10 is obviously 10 mm diameter, the cones I'm using are 12 mm at the smaller and flat side. Hope this helps.

Cheers :)

Re: My New Sargend and Greenleaf 6642

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:14 pm
by femurat
I recently got the combo changed using that combo generator.
I underestimated this lock and it promptly taught me a lesson. But let's proceed one step at a time.

Image

I made the first graph testing all wheels left and was very happy because despite a random combo I found so many gates.

So I took my "ruler" and checked which gates could have been the true ones. I found two options.

Image

Image

I was so sure about those gates being the true ones that I only made a couple high-low tests.

Image

So instead of making a few high-low tests more, I concluded Left 10 was the true gate on wheel #2. I converted it to Right 9.5 and started graph #2: wheels #1 and #2 at Right 9.5, wheel #3 around Left. It seemed the quickest option at the time. I found a few gates but only amplified around the ones I thought was the true one, finding its center at Left 78.5. This time I had no doubt because I was testing only wheel #3 so my ruler identified the true gate with ease.

It was getting late and I was hungry, but since I thought I was close to an opening, I went on manipulating.
Just to keep track of what I was doing I made a quick and small graph of wheel #1 around left. I wish I paid more attention to it. Based on gates location I concluded wheel #1 may be 17. Here is the graph.

Image

A bit disappointed I left the lock alone and grabbed something to eat. A couple days later I had some time to play so had a look at my graphs. In theory the lock should be open already. In practice I had just found false gates. Since it's the quickest test to run, I decided to verify wheel #3 before going on. My graph confirmed its position at Left 78.
So either wheel #1 or wheel #2 needed to be checked again. I started with wheel #2 with wheel #1 at 17 and wheel #3 at 78, as you can see on graph #5.
Having two wheels at their gates position, this test gave me huge indications on the gates on wheel #2. Contact points were more than one whole number closer than on the rest of the wheel.
It was easy to say that wheel #2 was 90.
The last thing I needed to do was brute force wheel #1. It took me less than 15 minutes to do so. The lock opened with 48 - 90 - 78.

Image

In conclusion: If I had paid more attention at the tests after the first graph, I may haven't needed to make four more.

Cheers :)