FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

1st Manipulation-Older S&G-Not going well

<<

capt-dunc

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Re: 1st Manipulation-Older S&G-Not going well

my advice would be to go back to square one.

spend the time and do an AWL in 1 step increments, and a AWR in 1 step increments.

don't consider it a waste of time and don't consider your earlier work wasted. the more readings you do, the more you spin and park the better you get. even if you just confirm what you've done it's good.

i get so annoyed when i see people starting and trying to run in 5's or something, just take your time learning.

don't use your own shorthand on graphs and then ask for advice, just get some graph paper and treat it like a science experiment so that other's can follow what you're doing.

but most of all, don't second guess and keep on learning about the wheels, they will give up their secrets
<<

tarboxb

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 11, 2017 9:45 pm

I was just going to mention that I agree with the above! It took me a good 15 hours or so of spinning before I started to get my contact points and readings accurate enough to get anything usable. Unfortunately, your first graphs are often not useful because of this. If you start over you should be much more in tune now. I would move your graphs away and only look at them later to compare them. Don't have them in the area where they may affect your new readings and give you bias. My combo setter gave me 99-1-99 today on my 6730. That was a toughy! :P
<<

tarboxb

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 11, 2017 9:47 pm

All wheels was totally useless regardless of which way I went as the high points of the gates all so close together were masking each other quite successfully. Only through isolation and parking at low areas was I eventually able to get an opening.
<<

capt-dunc

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 11, 2017 10:36 pm

also write on your graphs what you're thinking between stages. you can look back a month later and see what you were thinking. as you move forward you'll be your own best teacher, but only if you can remember what you did or thought
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks