FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

S&G 6730 Manipulation Nightmare

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon May 01, 2017 12:05 am

Re: S&G 6730 Manipulation Nightmare

I like how you're taking time to review your manipulations after the fact.
Win or lose, there's much to learn in reflection.

Carrying out a spin with a known combination (although not quite as exciting, lol) can also
be a great learning experience. There's no shame in that. It's no different really than when we
use progressive pinning to get acclimated to picking a new lock we've never dealt with before.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

tarboxb

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 01, 2017 2:14 am

Re: S&G 6730 Manipulation Nightmare

Interesting stuff Oldfast! Thank you! Interestingly enough I tried doing just that the other day with a high/low test thinking the same thing that I should make everything as consistent as possible and it DID make a dramatic difference! So the LaGard locks have round wheels but excessive wheel and post play? And how do you fight it then if not by that old method? You're just getting better at recognizing less clear gates and the inconsistent and complex graphs are becoming more useful? Thank you for all your vast supply of information, truly!
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks