FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Martin Hewitt's Kromer 3011

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 20, 2017 4:25 am

Martin Hewitt's Kromer 3011

Where the drop zone is there are no numbers below the mark (this lock has no forbidden zone). So it can't be read with this dial out of the box. There are two easy options to make it readable. The first is to put a sticker onto the cover and the second is to remove the cover and attach some pointers to the board. I choose the first way and made a sticker. it has 100 "numbers" and marks for halve numbers. With quarters the readability decreased. The dial in the photo is at the moment at the right contact point with w3@number, i.e. at "9" 3/8. With w3@number-3 it was at "9" 7/8. So it does not appear to be that difficult, but I am not sure how narrow the gates are. Have to check that. And before I really can start I need to make a change key.

(Yeah, the dial is not that well centered. It was once better. Maybe carrying it around shifted something. In any case it is still good enough to work with.)

Martin Hewitt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 20, 2017 6:02 am

Re: Martin Hewitt's Kromer 3011

I'm sure this thread will be entertaining.

Good luck :)
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon May 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Upon a closer look and one hour of dialing I think luck is required. AWL, AWR all nearly flat line. Just a slow up and down by overall 2 eighth. Strangely the is shifting of both contact points between AWL and AWR. I hope nothing went wrong setting the number with my borken change key. Also I need to get used to the scale on the dial ring.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon May 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Although I've not yet commented on your other thread (6630), I've been following along.
You've done some great work with it for sure! (which I'm still looking over and digesting).

This lock I'm sure will also prove to be just as interesting & informative.
Might we eventually see some 'gut shot' pictures from the backside? :???:
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 23, 2017 1:42 am

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks