FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

La Gard Smart Gard combo reset possible?

<<

AbsolutelyGuaranteed

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:04 pm

La Gard Smart Gard combo reset possible?

Hello,

I got a La Gard Smart Gard off a AMSEC safe and I have the internal lock and external keypad on the table here. We do not have any of the codes for this lock. I am trying to do a hard reset to put it back to the factory program code so I can program it with my own codes. This the old style of Smart Gard manufactured in 1999 (the lock). The lock is old by was pretty expensive, so I'm trying to reuse it. I pulled the spec sheet on the IC and it seems different from the La Gard 4200 where you short pins 1 and 6 and do a procedure with the key pad. Is anyone willing to share how this procedure is done on a Smart Gard? There is very little information out there on this specific lock. If the lock is not resettable, is it possible to purchase a new electronic lock and use this keypad? What type of lock would I have to get?

Thanks all,
Absolutely Guaranteed
<<

AbsolutelyGuaranteed

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:08 pm

Re: La Gard Smart Gard combo reset possible?

Looks like the uploads didn't take.

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:19 pm

There is a PIC16! Wow! :)

I can't help you with your lock, but my concern with a 24 year old (PCB is dated 1993) electronic lock without mechanic fallback would be its reliability. But as I don't know this lock at all, my concern could be unfounded.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

AbsolutelyGuaranteed

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:49 pm

I think the board was designed in 1993 and manufactured near 1999, but that's a valid point about reliability. The PIC16c57 has EPROM on-chip memory, but the board also has an external 93c46 EPROM chip. I think the external chip stores the lock logs and the internal memory is where the codes are stored. But I'm no reverse computer engineer.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks