FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My nemesis: S&G 6630

<<

MartinHewitt

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:55 pm

My nemesis: S&G 6630

As I got last week some dials I mounted my 6630 on Sunday and started playing around a bit. It is for me extremely difficult to get the contact point by feeling or hearing. I am mostly guessing where the contact points are. It probably doesn't really matter that the nose roller is eccentric. I will let you know in case I get some usable information from this lock.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:04 am

Re: My nemesis: S&G 6630

The contact point on that is very easy to get, pretty much the same as with 6730. The problem is that the contact point is pretty much random due to that eccentric roller. Only way I know of and would love to hear more methods, is to just painstakingly take more readings until you get low enough or lower than before and hope for the best.
<<

MartinHewitt

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:27 am

On the 6730 and on the 6642 it is easy for me to get the contact points. On this one not. But maybe I will learn it.
<<

femurat

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:36 pm

Can't you exploit the false gates at your advantage? I know the roller on the nose may be difficult to handle. But even if you take not so consistent readings you should be able to find a gate, true or false doesn't matter. We already had this conversation about another lock IIRC.

In theory you should hit a contact point many times and record only the lowest reading. It's more or less what I do when I'm not sure about a contact point: hit it a few times until I'm sure I'm exactly on it.
Now I wish I had a 6630 to find out myself how difficult it is. Only problem is, I'm not going to spend 100 euro to find it out. I'll add it to my watch list and hope to find a deal on one.

Cheers :)
<<

MartinHewitt

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:30 pm

At the moment my readings vary by up to one notch from number to number. That is so much that any gate is really lost in the noise. I will try this lowest reading technique. Once I have some reliable contact points I am sure I will get it open. If I fail you will get the lock.

One more thing: At the moment the dial turns clockwise a few numbers if I put it at the right contact point. Is this a problem of mounting (or the dial/spindle) or is it just due to the weight distribution of the cam?

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks