FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Manifoil Mk IV Refurb: A video diary

<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:21 am

Manifoil Mk IV Refurb: A video diary

Well, God help me, I've ended up getting interested in safelocks...and I can think of no better way to feed the obsession than by getting down and dirty with a modern industrial design icon, the Manifoil IV.

I bought a literal bag of bolts - kinda like finding a 1969 E Type Jag in bits in a farmer's barn - and I'm going to spend the next few months working on a lock that very few guys outside the industry are privileged to see.

I'd love to have the input of the guys in this group so please dive in and tell me what you think, what you see, and what you reckon I could be doing better.

Episode one of the project is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vv3gIqiwS4
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Re: Manifoil Mk IV Refurb: A video diary

I think I speak for many here when I say this will be fun to watch! I'm glad you decided to share your project with our forum. Good luck and enjoy your journey!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Well shucks, my laptop hasn't been working for youtube videos for about a month now.
Not sure why, but I'll have to catch up once I get it straightened out. Looks interesting!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:49 am

Looking forward to the next installment. Heres one I put into a practice set up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks