FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Manifoil IV barnfind

<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Manifoil IV barnfind

Been wanting one of these for a while. This one came up on eBay in the UK...and the shambles pictured below is what greeted me when I opened the parcel this morning. It's obviously been sitting in someone's shed for 20 years and both filthy and dishevelled.

Assuming that it's complete (and I'm not even sure of that yet) my winter project is going to be to restore it to its former glory and post pics here as I go.

Does anyone know if a workshop manual ever existed, and if it did, where I can get one? It goes without saying that I've already googled it to death, and tried an approach to Chubb. I could do with a change key too, clearly.

Any ideas gentlemen?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: Manifoil IV barnfind

Um, nope, you are missing the combination wheels at the very least. Can you link the auction please?

If you want I can get you into contact with a guy that has a bunch of these with change keys and possibly manuals as well.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Riyame wrote:Um, nope, you are missing the combination wheels at the very least. Can you link the auction please?

If you want I can get you into contact with a guy that has a bunch of these with change keys and possibly manuals as well.

LOL sorry the wheelpack is under the dial, not shown. Would dearly love to talk to your guy, happy to go through an intermediary if necessary.

Thx,

Michael.

Edited to add: Pic below.
Last edited by MHM on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Filthy innards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:02 am

Rumble strips? Are they present? You won't find ANYTHING from Chubb! They went to great lengths (and still do) in order to stop information about their locks from leaking. The Mark IV, and the fact that they are now available to everyone, implies there are...other marks. Try finding out anything on those!! Cool lock.
<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi I hope this picture helps where it goes together. Ive scribed onto an old brass lever what the spline key shape is. You just need to saw it out and file it. Its in the post to you today
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:44 pm

ratlock wrote:Hi I hope this picture helps where it goes together. Ive scribed onto an old brass lever what the spline key shape is. You just need to saw it out and file it. Its in the post to you today

Bloody awesome, I owe you. Thanks Dennis.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks