FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Manipulation of a Sentry S0410 safe with broken handle

<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:53 am

Manipulation of a Sentry S0410 safe with broken handle

I finally got around to getting the Sentry 0410 safe out of my brother in laws basement . He lives next door to me so all I had to do was move it up one step up at a time to a small dolly waiting outside . Wheeling it over to my house was easy and it soon occupied the spot the Ward 9007 had been .

The handle for the safe had been pulled out compleatly by the junkman . He thought it was a conviniant carry handle . I think I can still manipulate this safe as the handles square shaft still engages the mechanism inside . A snap ring must have come off and is still inside .

The lock is a tubular kind which I have very little experience in picking . I'll try to pick it manually . I'll order a Southord tubular picking device soon in case I have troublr with the lock.

Thats my only holdup . The handle still moves a little and when I appy torque the fial locks up into what what feels like a false gate . Going around the dial I can feel 12 gates onmy first count . It is acting klike a Master Lock comination lock a 1500 I think . I could only feel 2 wheels so I think the the third wheeel moves with the dial . I have some pictures of a safe simular to this one

Pics coming up...
<<

Dean Thatcher

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:05 am

Re: Manipulation of a Sentry S0410 safe with broken handle

Waiting for pics
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:13 am

Fritz, have you thought about trying this method ? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l5efaWSWwlk
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:27 am

<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:27 am

One pic from a Youtube vid. A close model type .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:40 am

Thats a good vid . A Bic Pen Imagine that . The wonders never stop they just keep coming . If I have no sucess it'll be a week or so to get the Southord tool

Perhaps I'll save some time :smile:

Some time later>>> Ok I got a Bic pen ,the type with a deformable soft plastic. I got it on the lock and it formed easy enough with pressure .Got that done when it occured to me that I wasn't familar with how this lock worked in this safe. Does the lock pop out some when it gets "picked" . Which way do I turn ? :???: :camadamsrite:
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:17 pm

https://youtu.be/wspR06O8yQM
This video says the lock pops out and turn to the right.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:54 am

The technique is called selfimpressioning. Here is an example: viewtopic.php?f=102&t=3423 . But with tubular locks the tool is more simple.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:57 am

jharveee wrote:https://youtu.be/wspR06O8yQM
This video says the lock pops out and turn to the right.

Thank you ! Much needed information .

The technique is called selfimpressioning. Here is an example: viewtopic.php?f=102&t=3423 . But with tubular locks the tool is more simple.

Thanks Martin .I'll be back >> :ugeek:
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:07 am

I'm having trouble picking this tubular lock . Tried a tensioner thats homemade I will post a pic of it later . A tool from Sparrows won't fit . Its the prybar combo set one . I have a Mantis I'll try when I find it , meanwhile I'm thinking of a bump key device . It'll be a while for the purchase of the Southord picking tool .

Has anyone read the ebool "Safecracking 101" ? Its uses the Sentry as an exsample ? Is it a good book ? :cityrake: :prybar:
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:18 am

if the link still works, it will take you to the archive magazine(jumbled text version)
find, in the upper right corner of page (SEE OTHER FORMATS) think it's in blue print.
Click on OTHER FORMATS
you should now have a readable version with photos, the size of a postage stamp.
now enlarge it so you can read it.
turn to page 42 of magazine.
you should find the article that is basically Safecracking 101 by same author.

Edited link
https://archive.org/stream/NationalLock ... 6_djvu.txt
Last edited by jharveee on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:21 am

It is similar to the other safe cracking books, but with the focus on an older Sentry model than yours. The model is something like this: http://www.icollector.com/Sentry-Safe-m ... _i11379927

The most important information is that the lock is a direct entry fence, so you have to have a pressure on the handle and use the handle as indicator. They use for this a rubber for constant pressure and a something like a knitting needle attached to the handle as indicator. The second important information is that wheel 3 has false gates. The false gate opposite of the true gate is missing and the true gate is AFAIR wider than the false gates. So it should be easy to find the third number. Wheels 1 and 2 are without false gates. Don't remember anything else noteworthy. Can have a look again, if you like.

Any success with the BIC?
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:26 am

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=11402
seems to work for me when I use the old link in the original thread.
but not the new one.
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:16 am

The article is very good indeed ! Thanks guys . Ill study this article.

:tubular: I tried the bIc pen method several times at 5 min each try . The pen deformed easy enough but I turned the pen to far and striped any usefull impressions . I changed the technique to where I torque the pen in both directions to impress it without stripping . I also tried heatng the plastic with a flame which is not a good idea . I'll just keep tryin until it opens or I buy the Southord tool . :tubular:
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:28 am

If you can get past that tubular lock, I think you've come full circle, back to Oldfast's Direct entry laser Rig. Which would be better than the old metal needle.
Just pretend your ATM card is inside the safe and you need it.
Bet you'd get in!
Next

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks