FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Safe combination lock ID?

<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Safe combination lock ID?

IMG_20180919_175443.jpg
PART_1537340716019.jpeg
Does anyone recognise this old lock or know anything about it? Probably from 40s, 65 mm dial ring, 49 mm dial, 35 mm handle. Numbers go to 120, no gaps in numbers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Safe combination lock ID?

Nope, never seen. Do you know what key lock it is? Could help.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:18 am

MartinHewitt wrote:Nope, never seen. Do you know what key lock it is? Could help.

Probably a Kromer Novum, judging from the size of the hole. Hard to say more before I open the combination lock, as it blocks the keyway with a small metal plate.

A friend of mine suggested that it might be made by Kaipio here in Finland (nowadays Kaso), it looks eerily familiar to their keyway cover locks. I'm now suspecting the same, as it has no ID, the door looks like it is made by Kaipio and the combination lock is "reprogrammed" by switching the position of the dial. Solid pins or something as flys, HUGE 35 number rotational difference when switching directions and apparently a spring pushing the fence down on the wheel pack as it clicks/snaps on some numbers.

Only had enough time to visit the client briefly and notice these, will be going back there on weekend to open it. Expect more photos :)
<<

Dean Thatcher

Familiar Face

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi

will be watching for pictures and more information.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks