FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

How to assemble my "new" S&G 6700 series combination lock?

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:44 am

Re: How to assemble my "new" S&G 6700 series combination loc

The false gates (three on each disk) look to me randomly positioned. They are neither aligned when the true gates are aligned nor am I able to align them ignoring the true gates.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:22 am

MartinHewitt wrote:I do now shortcuts on wheel identification, i.e. I test only for the most likely wheel.

How do you know which one is the most likely wheel?
How do you only test that?

Congrats on your timing. Looks very good to me.

Cheers :)
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:32 am

The gates in this lock appeared nearly always in the standard order 3, 2, 1. So for the first indication I do a test with w3 changed and w2 and w1 at the indication. If the contact points jump up to the level where the are next to the indication I believe it is w3 and skip the tests for w2 and w1.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:59 am

Well, now it makes sense. You know this lock so well, you already know which wheel is indicating.

Thanks for the explanation :)
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Phew! Not a good spinning day for me today. 88 minutes. AWL scan with w3@62. R/R/L62 scan with w2@82. With the L/R82/L62 scan I had problems. I did not look right. To flat and sometimes also higher than the R/R/L62 scan. No indication of w1 at all. I again identified w2, which was correct, and then also w3, which was also correct. I did reamplification of w2@82 and got 84! fsck! So again a L/R84/L62 scan and at L52/R84/L62 the lock was open, finally! Without this 2 notches error I would have been below one hour, but not much. After the 6642 the easy going 6730 dial was kinda strange.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:48 am

77/87/82. Open in 43 minutes.

The resistanceless dialing is really strange now after the long session with the 6642. The 6642 feels now like it has less turning resistance or perhaps I have built up muscles in my forearm. Anyway back to the 6730. The first AWL graph did not show good indications of a gate, just maybe one, two or three slight indications or graphing errors. So I parked w1 and w2 at the lowest point of the AWL graph and scanned the high area of the AWL scan with w3. At 82 I had a clear gate. Then I kept w1 at the low area of the AWL graph and scanned w2 with w3 at the gate. I started at 30 backwards over the high area of the AWL graph and had the clear gate at 87. Then I scanned the high area of the AWL graph with w1 starting at 45 forwards. At 77 it was open.

Besides the masking of the gate at w3 by w2 it was easy going. w1@82 was indeed at the best faint indication of the AWL graph, but that could have just been an error. It was just 1/8th on each side lower.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:37 pm

After some lockpicking I again manipulated open my 6730, because I wanted it open before I pass it on . A friend needs to learn manipulation because friends of him have a safe which he has to manipulate open .

For this session I needed 38 minutes . Got a good and a slight indication (which I didn't fully trust ) on AWL. Combination was then 92/4/77.
<<

madsamurai

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 pm

Nice! I can't recall, is that your best time with the 6730? Also curious, have you tried more than one 6730 to see if there are differences from one to the next?
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 am

My best time in the past was also something like that. Due lack of training and doing a more safe route I was slower than I could have been. This is my only 6730, but I have also a 6630 and a 6642. They behave very different obviously.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 13, 2017 3:50 pm

38 minutes was indeed so far my best time.

Today I tried to open it while I waited in a restaurant. It was really strange to me to dial in this position. I did not have a good feeling for the contact points. Nonetheless I got the gate for w3 very quickly. To get it I made a quick scan for the high areas and made a AWL of the highest area and I had a gate for w3 at 33. Then I made a RRL33 scan of the second highest area around 90 - 100 and the problems began. I had there very good indications for a gate, but it seemed to vary and a gate I saw was not there the next time. Because my waiting time in the restaurant was about to end I looked into the lock to identify the combination. It was 93/90/33. Did I say already, that she is an evil CCG?
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 13, 2017 5:36 pm

To avoid hating who changes the combo I ask the CCG to use this website to generate them

http://thesafehouse.info/combo_generator.htm

<<

madsamurai

Post Sat May 13, 2017 6:16 pm

femurat wrote:To avoid hating who changes the combo I ask the CCG to use this website to generate them

http://thesafehouse.info/combo_generator.htm

That's handy... what's the "rejection rate" at the bottom? ...and can it generate a list of combinations or just one at a time?
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun May 14, 2017 3:21 am

I am not allowed to use it.
This product is free for use by qualified safe technicians.

:)

Ok, my evil CCG is not really CCG. It is actually my wish to not follow the standard rules to increase complexity. So I am the evil person here. I have made her a sheet with completely random numbers. The only condition at the moment is that the last number is not between 0 and 20. I am thinking about dropping that requirement too.

But first I MUST get my 6630 open. I MUST ...
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks