FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

How to assemble my "new" S&G 6700 series combination lock?

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Re: How to assemble my "new" S&G 6700 series combination loc

Here the graphs to my last opening. The half red line was my first attempt which I stopped because I had something else to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:12 am

You were able to open the lock with 1 graph AWL only ? Thats pretty good Martin.

I've got my practice lock asembled but I need to snip the excess material off the spindle key . I havn't made a combination change yet.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:02 am

No, I stopped and discarded the AWL. I did one graph AWR, one with Rx/Rx/L97, a view tests for wheel position and gate position and one graph for Lx/R47/L97 until open.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:58 pm

Manipulated it open again the last two evenings. This time I measured the time. Nearly 200 minutes!

I started without paper to see if that works. It did work for one number, the 76. The next low area I had around 35, but I wasted there a lot of time identifying gates there. So after 60 minutes I had still only the 76. Then I did an AWL with pen and paper. The 76 was obvious. Between 30 and 50 there was a long low area without any signs of a gate. In the area from 0 to 30 it was rather uneven and on 5-7.5 there was a light possibility of a gate. So I parked wheel 1 at 35 and did a 35/x/76 scan and got no indication of a gate. Then I parked wheel 2 at 35 and did a x/35/76 scan. At around 17 there was a good indication of a gate. I did not finish this scan, but started a scan with 17/x/76. The lock opened at 17/5/76.

Next time I will again record everything on paper.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:25 am

Lookin' good! Repetition, repetition, repetition :)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks. Got it changed today by my CCG. So will have my next try on the weekend.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:32 am

Got it open again! This time I needed 78 minutes.

AWL showed a gate at 70. I did then an R/R/L70 scan starting at R25 down until R55 to reduce time, because 25 - 50 was a general low area. That scan showed two good gates at 13 and 67. I could put R13 to the first wheel and R67 to the second wheel. I tried to locate the first wheel at L and the lock opened at L15/R67. So my CCG must have made an error when changing the combination.

I have to get a better understanding of the effects of direction change. And my dialing should get faster. The AWL scan alone took me 25 minutes, also the shortened R/R/L70 scan.

Martin Hewitt
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:39 pm

The combination my CCG selected was 15/67/69. I made a random combination sheet for her, so that it is easier for her. Besides the last not being between 0 and 20 I gave her no limitations. I think it is more surprising this way.
<<

Oldfast

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Let the games begin! :D
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:08 am

Yup! Got it changed again yesterday. :razz:
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:03 pm

AWL scan showed only one gate at 25 which was as always wheel 3. RRL25 scan showed this time only one gate which was at 7. I started the LR7L25 scan from 95, because this was the beginning of a rather high area in the RRL25 scan. I believed that wheel 1 should be also there. I ran until 55 - because this was the lowest point and definitely the end of any high area - without any success. (I am interested in higher areas because next to the gate are often high areas looking like a vertical cut trough the mouth.) Because I feared, that wheel 2 and 3 where not accurate enough I amplified them. They were accurate enough though, but 7/26 was a bit more accurate. Now that I knew that 2 and 3 have to open I continued my LR7L26 scan and at L60R7L26 the lock was open after 89 minutes. I am sure McOmie drills faster. The AWL scan took me 14 minutes, the RRL25 scan 22 minutes. That is so slow compared to you guys!

Then I tried to locate the true impossible zone on my lock. The last wheel from 6 to 18 makes problems. 19 to 5 is fine.
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:47 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:Then I tried to locate the true impossible zone on my lock. The last wheel from 6 to 18 makes problems. 19 to 5 is fine.

Ah yes. So have you tried setting your last # within it to see why it's the forbidden zone?

MartinHewitt wrote:.....That is so slow compared to you guys!

Oh, I wouldn't say that. I have plenty of 60-90 minute manipulations! I'd say you're comin' along nicely.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Oldfast wrote:Ah yes. So have you tried setting your last # within it to see why it's the forbidden zone?

More like "how does it get stuck?" and "what margin is there?".

Thank you, for your kind words, Oldfast!
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:45 am

To make it this time differently I start with an AWR scan. It did show only w3@37. Finetuned for L it was 38. Then I did a RRL38 scan. I started from 100 because I had [dear with eyes poked out] where another gate could be. I was very lucky, because at 97 I had w2. In the chase of w1 I imagined one time a gate due to a reading error. So there went some time down the drain. And I was really unlucky here because I found w1 three tries before the full LR97L38 scan. The combination opening the lock after 79 minutes was then 7/97/38.

The AWR took me 19 minutes. So maybe I am getting faster dialing. Any videos on how you dial?

This week I should get a 6630 and a 6642. Nose roller and false gates.

In case somebody in Germany wants to play with new locks without an investment we could borrow/lend locks.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:47 am

Again one opening finished. AWL scan with indication at 32. RRL32 scan with indication at 99. LR99L32 scan opening at 82. For the LR99L32 I started at 55 downward so that I would have done the low area of the RRL32 scan at the end. From 55 to 82 was luckily not so far.

Whole opening took me 46 minutes. The AWL took me 12 minutes. I do now shortcuts on wheel identification, i.e. I test only for the most likely wheel.

I will try to mount this weekend my 6642 to get to know a different lock.

PS: How long do you need for the manipulation of 6642s and 6630s? Are the false gates on every lock in the same relative position to the true gate?
PreviousNext

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks