Post Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:07 am

Yet another manipulation Excel spread sheet

Hello Hi folks
I've attached the published screens (pdf files) from an EXcel manipulation spreadsheet (yet another <G>)
It takes some of the error prone areas of creating the Hi-Lo combos when mapping your wheels.
Really helps a new old guy like me (and judging from the posts some others too) with the housekeeping part
of manipulation.

The title (new Cherry refers to the stain on the wooden bases of the lock<BG> (but myself as well)
As you look at the attached pages, Keep in mind the Blue text is all generated by the spreadsheet
You enter your observed data into the yellow boxes, the blue text is immediantly updated to show the
appropriate CPAs and Hi-Lo combos direction and mask etc
It's just an accurate (hopefully) time saver and housekeeper and keeps a clearer record than my scrawling.

These are just pdf screen shots I'd like to hear about any detected errors in my "logic" and understanding
of overall the manipulation process. I'm sure everyone does things differently so I'll see if I get any
feed back and incorporate it before posting the actual spreadsheet.

The lock was a cheat because I knew the combination (I had built this as a cutaway, so gates were all visible)
I also had problems using my combo change key (Wheels would often stay loose (spin) after key was removed)
I also had to tinker/Shim my mounting until I finally achieved a smooth nonbinding non-sloppy Dial action
(I also had to replace a spring in the bolt Many Thanks to again OF!! kind sir)

I'd also like to hear from anyone who can offer any interpretation of my Rotational Constants (page 1)
This still is very fuzzy and very little obvious correlation to me from my observed numbers

About the attached pdf files
The cells in yellow are where you enter your readings (starting dial, direction contact point readings)
The Cells with blue txt are program derived generated CPA and combos for the Hi-Lo testing.

The 3 pages in the pdf file contain

page 1
My Rotaional Conversion Offsets
and my Left and Right combinations (this was my first cutaway so I could view the gates)
Data entry AWL 0-"100" in 2.5 incs (think I'd start at 2.0 incs in the future)
The calculated CPA (difference of LCP RCP) I find this almost as indicative as a graph
(I didn't actually create a graph although Excel can create one for you )

Magnified 1.0 incs of most likely Indicators (Note W1 was fairly well hidden but 2 areas seemed to stand out)

Page 2
I detected a couple of indicators so I performed the single mask Hi-Lo test (Highest CPA is most likely wheel)
They consistantly pointed to Wheel 3 @L47 and Wheel 2 @ R11 for both the Hi and Low tests.
By process of elimination the brute forced for the hidden L# Wheel 1

Page 3
W1AL,W2@11,W3@47
I started Dial @ 1 Advanced in increments of 2, got to W1 @L25
(OPEN! ALL Right) and also W1@ L27 (which follows the actual observed gate at 26.5)

Please give them a look, your comments welcome
I also have some additional tools for automating the mapping "speed dialing" W3=known 1&2A
And the Hi-Lo with 1 wheel/gate known, I was just lucky with this lock and combos setting.

KJL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.