FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Pinning thermal relocker Mosler 302

<<

diyandsave+62

Post Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:24 pm

Pinning thermal relocker Mosler 302

Hi All, I am trying to make a Mosler group 1R key change 302 lock more temperature resistant. It has plastic wheels and a combo pin on the cover to activate the relocker.

The wheels are plastic, do you think changing them out for a set of brass wheels (group 2) would be beneficial? I plan on adding insulation to the safe and the lock would end up outside the insulation.

The pin that controls the relocker works both by releasing the internal relocker if the back is punched off and by temperature melting a soft metal and allowing the relocker to release. The question is, if I pin the pin so that it does not release the the relocker except when punched, would that be advisable?

TIA, DIY.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: Pinning thermal relocker Mosler 302

DIY

I would install a Group 2M lock and call it a day (in fact I have done 6 "Fire Proof" Chub file cabinets where I upgraded them from a group 2 to a Group 2M)
but it all depends on what you are going to store in the thing ;) for Firearms or small amounts of gold/cash a group 2 or 2M will be enough.
then you have a very nice stock Mosler 1R to sit on your shelf ;)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks