Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Cutaway Wheelpack Simulator??

Hi Folks
I've been pouring over the pages of the limited available info on Combos
And have most all the "standard" manipulation books and articles
I own several S&G a 6741, 6741, 6730 a Chinese fixed Drive type and waiting for a La Gard 9930,

I've mounted them on some rather nice looking laminated floor tile samples
(freebies in most Home Depot/Lowes Stores) I used three tiles for thickness
so I didn't need to cut the Drive shaft (better for possible future resale or custimiztion )

I've also read several articles on Cutaway safe locks and I have NOT yet modified the lock ca$e$
Rather I've just kept the back plate off and the relocker clipped to be inoperative

(I'm somewhat reluctanct to modify the lock cases If I can find a usable work around?
While I could even build some kind of a mockup Wheelpack But

My question is does anyone does anyone know of a mechanical simulation of a typical wheel pack?
(possibly sometype of a safecracker game?) I've seen some pretty good animations of a wheel pack
but they are all pre-animated no changing customer view or dial position

I'm looking to practice and help visualize parking and fly positions (and Rotational Conversion)
Just trying to view wheel 1 + 2 is awkward at best even with the case cover removed.

It really suprizes me that some one hasn't put together something like this in a CAD/CAM package
(I saw the 3D printer one on this site that was very cool but not and option for my resources <G>)

I saw the mockup made from coins. pretty neat as well (I was thinking of using old CDs as wheels)
But I think all of these are more usefull during the foothills of the learning curve.
So a user adjustable 3D rotable wheelpack, dial and Bolt would seem to provide a quick way to physically
and mentallty visualize most parking spinning scenarios. (and without damaging a beautiful machine)

Any thoughts, comments or pointers
I've been playing with some Excel Hi-Low combo generators to simplify the mappings and help avoid
some those very mistakes that occurred in Daggers Great article. Its simple but I can share them if anyones interested

Thanks

KJL

Great web site
Hope it and its members stay active