FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Free Safe

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Free Safe

http://janesville.craigslist.org/for/5361523631.html

Photos of safe my son and I acquired today from a town hall in rural Wis southwest of Madison. My son knows the area as he has access to a cabin in nearby Argyle. I first saw the CL ad last Monday and called Tuesday for more info. The town clerk just said it needed to be removed, the sooner the better. My son is laid off from his piledriver job so we got in his Dodge desiel with the trailer attached and went on our long road trip. The combo was taped on the safe door but the clerk and others could not open it. I looked at the combo and dialed it and it open on 1st try. It was filled with old maps and assorted papers, some were in tubes. The clerk removed all papers and said, "It's all yours". We pushed it out the door, down the ramp and with help of a tractor with bucket, set it on the trailer, tarped and strapped it and headed for home. It is now at my son's moms' house.
OLDFAST: the lock is the elusive Yale OC-5.
The lock will be given a good cleaning at a later date as well as pics will be posted. I think it was worth the road trip. Safe is 2.5' x 3' deep x 5' 5" high and weighs approx 500 lbs.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

just1pick+open

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Free Safe

Very nice bitbuster :mrgreen:
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Five words:

Bee you tee full score!
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Excellent! They got a great safe. Thanks for sharing. Would not mind pics of the boltwork.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:00 pm

will get pics of boltwork when i service lock.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:17 am

Haha, amazing find!
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:39 am

Great score, Looking forward to the upcoming pic's of the bolt work and the lock. :drool:
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Squelchtone

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:42 am

what do you reckon they were doing wrong in the dialing of the safe combination?

nice score! =)
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:55 am

Here is how the instructions that was taped to the safe door said:
Combination Large Safe at Town Hall
Spin left to 0 several times.
Right 4 times to __
Left 3 times to __
Right 2 times to __
Left one time to (stop) _9_. (final number in an OC-5 is around 8-10 )

I think the 'spin left to 0 several times' confused them. We both know if had they done that (to the right) with first number and completely disregarded the 1st step, then they more than likely would have gotten it opened. I knew from the beginning that the 1st step in their instructions was not correct.
They also had a medium size Victor safe that they did not have combo to.I'll show those weird combo instructions later.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:21 pm

Oh yeah! Definitely worth a trip.

Looking forward to some photos.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:10 pm

While at the town hall retrieving the free AllSteel safe I spotted a medium size Victor safe in one of the corners. This Victor was handleless (ears on 100# dial) and the clerk said it had not been open in years.( and not for sale).The last person to open it is now long gone and left opening instructions on how he "remembered it being told to him". Contents of safe is supposedly old township maps and tax and census papers from years past. The instructions use CCW and CW, but I'll use left and right. here they are: Combination Small Safe at Town Hall,

Left _6_ times stop at _0_
Right _2_ times stop at _5_
Left _2_ times stop at _38_
Right _1_ time stop at _10_

Knowing this was wrong from the getgo, I tried it as written and, of course, resulted in failure. I needed to use my time helping load the free AllSteel so I abandoned the Victor.
The turn sequence of L-R-L-R is correct.If I had more time with the Victor I would like to try L 4x to 60...R 3x to 5 or 25...L 2x to 38... R to STOP (which should be somewhere from 58-70 on a 100 # dial).Members with the HPC 'Safe and Vault Manual' will notice a section with Victor try-out combos. Their dial sequence of R-L-R-l is WRONG. Proper sequence for Victors With 60# or 100# dial is L-R-L-R. The dial goes to 100 but is stamped on the dial as 00.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks