FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Cary safe

<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:37 pm

Cary safe

image.jpg
image.jpg
Found this at my brother in laws today. He wants to know if I could reassemble the mech for him. I've never played with a safe before, but it's already unlocked so I'm half way there. Here's the pics of it. He does have the parts that are missing. Any tips or parts layout diagrams would be awesome
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:47 pm

Re: Cary safe

If the handle and bolts are moving freely, as well as the dial, then you will just need to install the wheel pack and figure out the combination. DO NOT close the door and move the bolts until you have positively verified a working combination and tried it out NO LESS THAN 3 times. Would recommend five times.

If you have the wheel pack, we can help you work out the combination. But only if you promise us more pics. ;)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:48 pm

Looks like it is just the curb missing. That is the part with all the combination wheels on it.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:09 pm

He has the combination wheels. 4 in the pack if im not mistaken, he also has 3 levers. I promise ill take for pics when i go next time. Also thanks for the don't close the door tip. Here is my tip of the day
"Do not fart while wearing overalls".
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Riyame wrote:Looks like it is just the curb missing. That is the part with all the combination wheels on it.

Curb! Thanks. My old brain (what little there is left of it) could not remember the name of the wheel pack. Or even my own name half the time, it seems.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:57 am

More often than not the most common lock found in a Cary cast iron fire safe will be the Yale Y-6. Of course, Cary used others as well, such as their own straight tailpiece and 2 versions of S&G and a couple others. RANDOM: if you happen upon an EXTRA Y-6 wheelpack, please send it my way as I am in need of one.

Also good to see the safe was called as it is written: Cary. Look through CL nationwide and you'll see lots of Cary safes advertised as Gary.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

Hugo Martel

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:06 am

Random wrote:He has the combination wheels. 4 in the pack if im not mistaken, he also has 3 levers. I promise ill take for pics when i go next time. Also thanks for the don't close the door tip. Here is my tip of the day
"Do not fart while wearing overalls".

Thats a great tip right there!!!

Hugo Martel :circlip:
Random wrote: Here is my tip of the day "Do not fart while wearing overalls".
<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:24 pm

image.jpg

Here is a picture of the mechanism it is a direct drive off the dial. I have more pics I'll upload
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:35 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Definitely a Yale Y-6.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks