FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Cole file cabinet with safe

<<

MattWatkins33 +

Post Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:25 pm

Re: Cole file cabinet with safe

Hi all,

I have a Cole Steel filing cabinet safe with a # of N008320. I am looking for any help in unlocking the safe so I can change the code. Thanks.
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:23 pm

MattWatkins33 + wrote:Hi all,

I have a Cole Steel filing cabinet safe with a # of N008320. I am looking for any help in unlocking the safe so I can change the code. Thanks.

I can't remember the exact instructions and am a little too lazy to go back through and look for GWiens's insight, but there's enough info in this thread if you read through the posts to figure it out.

If the door is currently open, you can also watch the wheels turn one at a time until a gate lines up. Then record the number on a paper, and dial the next one, and so on.

-Cheesehead (Kaesekopf)
<<

Lucky

Post Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:22 am

And here we go once again into the Cole Steel deciphering debacle.

Hello all, Lucky here. I’ve gone through the entire thread several times and despite what Cheesehead said last October, the information to decipher the combo is not clearly evident from the posts. I’m hoping Gordon is still on here and can help, or someone else that knows the actual process to decode these old gems. The door is closed and I unfortunately don’t have the equipment to snake a camera in to try from the peephole.

We’ve recently purchased an incredible old church built in the 1840’s. Purchased by the Mason’s in 1950 it then served as a Lodge for the next 70 years. Now, as the newest owners, we are in the process of renovating this old gal into a Theater for the community. Well, with the building we have inherited 6 old Cole steel cabinets that will be used in our wood shop, tech booth and offices.

I’ve purchased replacement keys for all the handles and cam locks from our local locksmith, but he is striking out on finding anyway to decode the one combo lock we have.

The cabinet code is N 15 18 26 with a 3” wheel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - The building also has an old steel vault in the basement with a huge 8” thick door. One of the Masons was kind enough to stop by and share the combo for it and we’re now trying to decide what “treasures” we will keep in it.
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:39 am

Lucky wrote:And here we go once again into the Cole Steel deciphering debacle.

Hello all, Lucky here. I’ve gone through the entire thread several times and despite what Cheesehead said last October, the information to decipher the combo is not clearly evident from the posts. I’m hoping Gordon is still on here and can help, or someone else that knows the actual process to decode these old gems. The door is closed and I unfortunately don’t have the equipment to snake a camera in to try from the peephole.

We’ve recently purchased an incredible old church built in the 1840’s. Purchased by the Mason’s in 1950 it then served as a Lodge for the next 70 years. Now, as the newest owners, we are in the process of renovating this old gal into a Theater for the community. Well, with the building we have inherited 6 old Cole steel cabinets that will be used in our wood shop, tech booth and offices.

I’ve purchased replacement keys for all the handles and cam locks from our local locksmith, but he is striking out on finding anyway to decode the one combo lock we have.

The cabinet code is N 15 18 26 with a 3” wheel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - The building also has an old steel vault in the basement with a huge 8” thick door. One of the Masons was kind enough to stop by and share the combo for it and we’re now trying to decide what “treasures” we will keep in it.

Would you be able to post pictures, especially of the vault door?

There is indeed enough information on page 6 to also make your own decoder, which is what I have just done. For 3" dial try 28-11-65. Martin also posted a convenient combo solution for 2 number dialling on the next page.

Really do consider posting pictures of the vault door please, I and others would love to see. Internals of the locks would be even better.

Cheers
<<

Lucky

Post Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:18 pm

Thanks Cheesehead, I will try that combo when I can get back to the building this week. Currently snowed in outside of Cleveland. Gotta love Lake Effect snow.

I did read through the posts on page six and it just didn’t make sense to me. Sorry.

I will gladly take pictures of the vault and share. If I can figure out how to post pictures on here.
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:31 pm

No worries

When you "Post Reply" at the bottom you see this:

Pic1.png

After you choose your file and upload, you can "Add the File"

Then, just above that will be a list of attachments you uploaded, click "Place Inline" to actually add it to the post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:39 pm

If the 28-11-65 combo doesnt work, that is what was given at the factory, then the combo has been changed since leaving the factory.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

MissA

Post Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:48 am

Hello,
I'm in need of help decoding out Cole cabinet.
It was my grandparents but they are both passed away and the only other person who knew the combination was my Mother. My Mother seems to have taken the combination with her when she passed away Jan. 2024 as we can't seem to find the combo anywhere in her notes or paperwork.

The number inside the cabinet is N453069, the dial goes from 0 to 99.
The only other information we have is that my Uncle said all they had to do was turn the dial from zero to 80 and it would open every time. I think that's how they worked around not needing the full combination until now.

I've read through all of the Cole Cabinet threads but they all have been confusing to me.
Thanks in advanced!
<<

sandman

Post Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:25 pm

Someone may be able to help you here, but if nobody does, a quick call to your local locksmith will be able to help with especially with a code like that, they should have software to decode a key for you with that code.
<<

GregWhitney

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 pm

Try this:
60-34-95-right to stop

Combination is dialed L-R-L-Right to stop
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks