FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Cole file cabinet with safe

<<

RobertJames

Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: Cole file cabinet with safe

Can anybody send me instructions on how to decode the combination?
<<

Orion4

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 am

Hello all,
My name is Ryan and I'm new to the site. I acquired a Cole Steel company filing cabinet safe from a rummage sale. No combination though. The hand written number behind the middle drawer is N-603880 or N-603860. The door is open and the bolt is locked open. When I set the dial at 60 a pin appears in the holes in the wheels. I don't know anything about retrieving the combination, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I can upload pictures of the safe and what I'm talking about if that helps. Than you again.
~Ryan
<<

geissepeter

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:01 am

Orion4 wrote:Hello all,
My name is Ryan and I'm new to the site. I acquired a Cole Steel company filing cabinet safe from a rummage sale. No combination though. The hand written number behind the middle drawer is N-603880 or N-603860. The door is open and the bolt is locked open. When I set the dial at 60 a pin appears in the holes in the wheels. I don't know anything about retrieving the combination, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I can upload pictures of the safe and what I'm talking about if that helps. Than you again.
~Ryan

Some members might be able to decode the number written in your cabinet and provide a combination. I can't though, but since your safe is open, it should be fairly easy to get the combination.

-Turn at least 4 times L (counterclockwise) then stop when you see the gap, write down the number
-Turn R (two times clockwise) till you see the second gap, this gives you the second number
-Turn L till the fence drops, that gives you the last number
-Then turn R to stop to retract the bolt

The dial sequence is 3L - 2R - 1L (drops the fence) then R to stop (retracts the bolt).

This is how I got my combination, I hope it works for yours too.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks